My nokia 720 microphone works only in Lumia Camera

Andrew Cm

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I am facing a verry strange problem with my Lumia 720.
Microphone only works in Nokia Lumia Camera when video recording.

It doesn`t work in : Calls
Camera App
Cortana
Decibell Test from App store

Done hard and soft reset, installed other firmware from other countries, reinstalled back my firemware, Nothing fixed this !!!!

Any Help pls ??

Update1: If put the phone on speaker during a call, and switch speaker mode off, I can hear 2seconds of sound at the other end, but thats it

Update2: After testing, i did find out that only the secondary microphone is recording (This explains why I have sound only in video recording).
Primary is dead !

cats.jpg

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the testing and diagnosis results, which suggest that it is a hardware-level failure. Recommendation would be to take it to a service center and have it repaired.

And welcome to Windows Central.

tbleong

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Can you access files on your phone from your computer through a USB cable? I faced the exact same problem as yours now, and almost a year ago (search the forum for "Lumia 720 Post-Black Update Problems" - apparently the forum does not allow me to attach the link to the thread :eck:). Initially, I thought it was a software issue, as one year ago, the problem occurred after I updated my phone to Lumia Black. However, now I noticed that the mic problem comes coupled with the USB problem, which leads me to think that it is a hardware issue. The good news is, the mic has a possibility of "auto-recovery" as I have experienced that almost one year ago. I'm hoping for the same "miracle" to happen now.

Anyway, thank you for your detailed analysis, now I know there's two microphones in the phone. If you found any solution to this, please do inform me. Thank you very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss