New Lumia 730 (previously had Lumia 520): the 730 insists that I connect to wifi to update phone and apps. I have 25GB for the first month of a new plan and I want to use that, especially for the 39 apps that are waiting to be updated. How do I override the request to connect to wifi? It was no problem with the 520. I am rarely in a wifi area so it's inconvenient.

After the first month and initial set up, I don't see any problem in waiting until I can connect to wifi for updates, but there should surely be a choice to override that. Any advice appreciated.
    04-22-2015 06:24 PM
    This is a restriction on the OS. There is a cap on max size you can download with data this varies between 50 and 100 mb. And there is basically no setting to override this.
    But there is a kind of work around but then you need a second phone.
    If you insert your SIM in this second phone and enable internet sharing then you can connect your phone to this wifi hotspot And update your phone.

So if you still have your 520 you could use this.

By the way the STORE > 3 dots ... > settings > Under App updates do you allow updates over data? So "Only get updates over Wifi is Off?
    04-23-2015 01:00 AM
    Thanks for this information. I guess it protects you from bills due to huge downloads. It may not be a problem after the initial large update you have to do after buying the phone and setting it up. Managed to update the phone in a MacDonald's this weekend! I noticed, however, that the phone allowed me to use my data plan to download some small, free games apps - no problem.
    Thanks again for the technical solution.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    04-26-2015 07:59 PM
    Thanks again. The Store - 3dots - settings solution above fixed the problem. All working well now. Appreciate your taking the time to respond.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-10-2015 04:35 PM