Non-Standard Headphone Jack?

jonMT

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Just received by Blu Win HD LTE (grey) and it's big step up from the Lumia 635. I did notice that my Apple Ear Pods along with a set of SkullCandy in-ear headphones (with a mic) did not register when plugged in. The audio just continues to play on the phone speaker. The included ear phones works fine (but sound horrible). Anyone else notice this issue? I have a pair of Panisonics coming today, I'll post an update if they work.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
iOS compatible headphones are never recommended for Windows Phone devices... On Lumia they often bork the disconnect recognition. Something about the wiring to the buttons?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
trrs vs trsr (or something like that) wiring differences. I seem to be lucky as my Lumias have had no issue with IOS compatible headphones.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just received by Blu Win HD LTE (grey) and it's big step up from the Lumia 635. I did notice that my Apple Ear Pods along with a set of SkullCandy in-ear headphones (with a mic) did not register when plugged in. The audio just continues to play on the phone speaker. The included ear phones works fine (but sound horrible). Anyone else notice this issue? I have a pair of Panisonics coming today, I'll post an update if they work.
Had the same issue with the Lumia 755 and NOKIA Coloud headphones. Its not the handset because I exchanged the phone to make sure

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Same issue for me. Not working with my Bose SIE2i.
The "i" at the end means they're designed for iPhones. They won't work properly on Windows Phones, Androids or BlackBerrys.

iPhones use non-standard ports, which means anything designed for iPhones typically will only work properly on iPhones, but nothing else.

Derewd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
The "i" at the end means they're designed for iPhones. They won't work properly on Windows Phones, Androids or BlackBerrys.

iPhones use non-standard ports, which means anything designed for iPhones typically will only work properly on iPhones, but nothing else.

I think you're wrong. Upon looking at the actual 3.5 jack on the apple headphones vs a pair of JVC's and Colouds, ive noticed that apple has a bit of plastic on its base that block the headphones from plunging all the way into the port. Its very tiny, but just enough to cut the connection short.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you're wrong. Upon looking at the actual 3.5 jack on the apple headphones vs a pair of JVC's and Colouds, ive noticed that apple has a bit of plastic on its base that block the headphones from plunging all the way into the port. Its very tiny, but just enough to cut the connection short.

Making it differ from the standard. Length is a standard as well as the 3.5mm diameter...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is simply the Apple way... buck the standards and use their clout to get every company catering to their "special" approach.

Personally all the bowing and scraping disgusts me. Standards are put in place for a reason: to make manufacturing uniform and eliminate incompatibilities. Somehow Apple gets other manufacturers to produce on their proprietary model. It can not be called a standard as the rest of the world does not use it. They force more and more things to go this way. It's wasteful and ignorant. It's draining resources, driving up prices and forcing inconsistencies and incompatibilities so that Apple users can prance around feeling special.

My personal feeling, if there needs to be some special condition to allow an iDevice to to be compatible - Apple needs to build it all themselves 100% from scratch and if they can't or won't, they should conform to the standard. Very little of it is about creating a new paradigm that is better or more efficient, it is simply to stand out in some way. It's just a marketing ploy and a childish game.

If there needs to be a special chip to make an iPhone interact with your car, Apple should build cars. No car manufacturer should build a car to suit Apple. It's patently absurd.

jish_r

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here . i also have the same issue with lumia 730 and lumia 640. For some reason coloud headphones aren't working on them. They have changed the design of the audio jack. I tried contacting coloud but they couldn't give a proper reply. Do you know any other headphones / earphones that work fine with the new lumia devices.? I would love to buy a new one since coloud is not working.

ericsm

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Oh man I just bought a nice bnib but final sale Monster in ear headphones that aren't registering with my BLU Win Jr LTE phone. I recall I used the phone to play music via 3.5mm out to my sound mixer for playing over my sound system so I know the phones jack works but not with my headphones.

fungo45

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I just got a Blue Win HD LTE and found this post because I was having similar issues with headphones. I typically use iPhone headphones when I use a phone as I like how they fit. I was bummed to see that they didn't work with the BLU. Fortunately, the ones I got from my android phone work.

I like bashing Apple as much as the next guy, but I don't see this is an Apple deal, but a fault of Windows. The apple headphones work fine on my android phones (and I've had several) and my PC. It seems that the one outlier is actually Windows here.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So... Apple doesn't have to follow the standards the rest of the world does.

What special benefit does the Apple "standard" bring to the table for headphones? Seriously curious.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Blue Win HD LTE and found this post because I was having similar issues with headphones. I typically use iPhone headphones when I use a phone as I like how they fit. I was bummed to see that they didn't work with the BLU. Fortunately, the ones I got from my android phone work.

I like bashing Apple as much as the next guy, but I don't see this is an Apple deal, but a fault of Windows. The apple headphones work fine on my android phones (and I've had several) and my PC. It seems that the one outlier is actually Windows here.

This is absolutely not a Windows phone issue...Apple uses their own proprietary standard, Europe and most of the rest of the world uses OMTP (ie...Nokia) and then there's the AHS... This is Apple creating a standard (lightning connector anyone) because they don't want to play well with others.

My understanding is that Apple developed their own standard to make their earbuds and controls work with their phones because they can...nothing more...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...87-note-headset-standards-omtp-ahj-apple.html

I'm getting around this on my Blu phone by using the Nokia BH-121 headset adapter ($19 on ebay) which works with the Apple earbuds just fine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo