Why isn't my Nokia Lumia 1020 getting recognized by the pc?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 1020 Didn't Recognized by the pc

After update to wp 8.1 Prev my phone didn't recognized by my laptop (windows 7), Its been more than 9 months now. I thought its a bug in preview so I dont really care and use to move data by Remote device manager. Than I got the denim update....then wp 8.1 Update 2.... now windows 10 Technical Preview but my phone didn't recognized. Change many data cables and tried on 3 different laptops with different OS but not get luck. Than I took my laptop and all the data cables I have to the Mobile Phone Market I searched for Lumia 1020. And surprisingly I found 3 devices having update wp 8.1 not any developers preview or windows insider app. They all connected with my laptop instantly with my data cables. The 3 differnce I found in my device and other devices are:

My Device:

Software: Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview
OS version: 10.012534.56
Firmware revision Number: 3051.50009.1451.1001

All other Devices:

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update
OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware revision Number: 3051.50009.1451.1002

So I am confused is that a software problem or the hardware (Charging Port) Problem.Plz Help me out

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1020 Didn't Recognized by the pc

Welcome to Windows Central.

Since other devices were recognized by your laptop, it seems to be a hardware problem with your L1020, possibly with the data cable port. Software problems may be eliminated since these are usually addressed through updates, and your device has gone through several of them already.

The solution to a hardware fault is hardware repair/replacement, preferably through an accredited service center.

My L1020 never had the same problem (I had to transfer my photos regularly from my phone to my PC), until it encountered a serious boot error.

You may need to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon