Screen break 630

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys. My dad accidently broke his 630 DS. The screen is cracked in the bottom at the screen.

Anyone have simmilar experience? How much the repair cost and how long it takes. The devices still covered in warranty. Did it covering that kind of accident?

The devices is retail devices. I know where the nokia care center located planning to took it next monday

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm live in developing country and new 630 unit isn't really cheap. since I need to purchase it through retail store.

i' plan to get it fixed later but I remember slamming my Nokia N81 when I'm in middle school. I bring it to nokia care center and they repair it for free.
don't know if they still do that I'll try next monday

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm live in developing country and new 630 unit isn't really cheap. since I need to purchase it through retail store.

i' plan to get it fixed later but I remember slamming my Nokia N81 when I'm in middle school. I bring it to nokia care center and they repair it for free.
don't know if they still do that I'll try next monday

Ok, keep us updated :)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
You can buy a screen on ebay now for around $20, and it is really easy to replace. It's one snap connector and about 8 T4 torx screws, and 10 minutes of time.

This is got to be the easiest and cheapest of all Windows phone to replace the screen assembly on. No way I'd take this one to a shop.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
You can buy a screen on ebay now for around $20, and it is really easy to replace. It's one snap connector and about 8 T4 torx screws, and 10 minutes of time.

This is got to be the easiest and cheapest of all Windows phone to replace the screen assembly on. No way I'd take this one to a shop.
If it's going to be that easy I'm going to do that right now but sadly not. the shipping cost to my country take a lot of money. no mention the time i have to wait.

this morning (UTC +7 guys :p) I'm went to NCC. the customer service officer tells me in past they will be able to replace it for free but today they no longer be able to do that. they told me to pay about 400.000 IDR (395.000 in exact) (about 30,77 USD) they tell me to pick it back tommorow with a copy of my dad ID card. they even replace the old cases(which is sightly scratched) with the new one.

hmm that's really easy :v

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos