Really I have 2 problems. My main one is that the settings app will not open AT ALL. Whenever I click on the settings button it just clicks, looks like it is about to open, but does not open. I also cannot access it in the ALL SETTINGS part of the notification area. I need a fix to this ASAP because my second problem is that my phone is not being picked up by the Windows Recovery Tool but I am using an unofficial cabal so this could be the problem. This is annoying, however, because my phone did not come with a USB cable only a cable that plugs into the wall so really I have no other way of doing this. I was incredibly happy with the Windows 10 Preview and if it was not for this problem I would be happy to use it everyday but this is a huge problem. I made the huge mistake on downloading this to my main phone on a whim which, in retrospect, I should not have done at all. I really hope that someone can help me fix this as using the setting is, obviously, a huge part of using my phone.
    Thanks.
    04-26-2015 01:12 PM
    See http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...mia-520-a.html
    So Hard reset.

And for using the recovery tool try other cables, usb ports or pc's.
    Good luck.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-26-2015 01:27 PM
    Really I have 2 problems. My main one is that the settings app will not open AT ALL. Whenever I click on the settings button it just clicks, looks like it is about to open, but does not open. I also cannot access it in the ALL SETTINGS part of the notification area. I need a fix to this ASAP because my second problem is that my phone is not being picked up by the Windows Recovery Tool but I am using an unofficial cabal so this could be the problem. This is annoying, however, because my phone did not come with a USB cable only a cable that plugs into the wall so really I have no other way of doing this. I was incredibly happy with the Windows 10 Preview and if it was not for this problem I would be happy to use it everyday but this is a huge problem. I made the huge mistake on downloading this to my main phone on a whim which, in retrospect, I should not have done at all. I really hope that someone can help me fix this as using the setting is, obviously, a huge part of using my phone.
    Thanks.
    First step is always to try a soft-reset. Have you done this?
    corey_blackstock likes this.
    04-26-2015 01:28 PM
    Its very easy, just dial the number ##777## , u will see two options hard reset the phone and cancel, choose reset device to hard reset your device but It will wipe your all data. If it doesn't solve ur problem, use Lumia software recovery tool to downgrade ur OS to the latest firmware update.
    04-26-2015 01:39 PM
    10-21-2015 10:52 AM