Why can't I open my camera or Lumia camera on my Lumia 830?

ANJAN MANDAL

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
can not open camera or lumia camera on lumia 830

when i try to open camera or lumia camera on lumia 830 its show something went wrong or automatically come to the start screen
pls help
version 8.1
OS version 8.10.14234.375

Last edited:

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
when i try to open camera or lumia camera on lumia 830 its show something went wrong or automatically come to the start screen
pls help
version 8.1
OS version 8.10.14234.375

I'm the same boat. Yesterday my camera stopped working Both Microsoft and Lumia Camera. Any app that uses camera doesn't works also. I've already tried >Soft Reset >Hard Reset >Nokia Software Recovery Tool and none of this things worked. So sad. But if I open Lumia Camera and tap back, app won't close so I can select front facing camera and it works perfectly. I really don't want to send my Lumia to Nokia Care, as they don't have any replacement for now and I'll have to wait a looooong time to get it back.

I'll use Nokia Care Suite to test hardware if there's any flaw and I'll install an older version of 830 system pre-Denim. Maybe it is a corrupted firmware from Nokia (I've noticed some errors and small glitches with apps that use Camera API after Denim update). I'll reply it later today with the results.

EDIT: Nokia Care Suite can't set it to test mode (not available on WP8.1 Update1) and can't install an older software, tried to refurbish but camera still not working. I'll bring it to Nokia Care :\

Last edited:

Navegador_1133

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Same here, with a brand new, just-out-of-the-box Lumia 830.

Is there a solution or should I try and get the (online) retailer to take a return? (not an easy task in Brazil). :angry:

crummel

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had the camera crashing and after that not responding at all. After I rebooted it worked fine. That happened only once.

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Same here, with a brand new, just-out-of-the-box Lumia 830.

Is there a solution or should I try and get the (online) retailer to take a return? (not an easy task in Brazil). :angry:

Trust me, you are going to have bad time. I live in Brazil too... They had it for a month and didn't fixed it, now they're making me wait to get me a new one. >.>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos