I need to know how to add straight talk minutes to the AT&T Nokia Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I need to know how to add straight talk minutes to the at&t nokia lumina 635

I activated the phone but when I tried to hook it up to straight talk it said the phone wasn't compatible. I know nothing about cell phones so i'm having a real problem getting this to work.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: I need to know how to add straight talk minutes to the at&t nokia lumina 635

Greetings Guest,

If that 635 is truly an AT&T phone then it will work with any AT&T network they own provided you have the micro-Sim from the carrier (as mentioned above). I have used both Straight-talk and Cricket Wireless in my 635 with no issues.

A Straight-Talk sim card can be had at many retail locations "off the shelf" (like WalMart.) You get the SIM card and 30 days of Talk/Text/Data for something like $60. ($45/month thereafter)

Personally I prefer Cricket Wireless (which is owned by AT&T anyway). It's about $10 cheaper per month with zero taxes but you only get 2.5GB of data versus 3.0GB. Something I can live with. Cricket uses the same towers and having used both networks now I don't notice any difference. Cricket retail locations are spotty but it's cheaper just to order your SIM and activate your account online.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: I need to know how to add straight talk minutes to the AT&T Nokia Lumia 635?

Yeah, watch out, because ST tends to push their TMobile SIM cards--you might have to hunt around a bit to get an AT&T one, and then search the forums here for the correct APN settings to get your data and mms working correctly. Personally, I would avoid ST due to their higher prices and notorious customer service issues. Cricket is a good option. H2O, Red Pocket, Air Voice, and PureTalk are some others. I'm currently using PureTalk with 500 minutes a month + 400mb of data for $24.95. No taxes, fees, hassle, and free SIM cards. You have to order the cards and set it up on the phone or online, but they have US-based customer service who are friendly and helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99