How can I fix my Nokia Lumia 630 without help from the warranty?

a-Tree

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 630 Warranty

My mums Nokia 630 keeps falling out of its shell (case). Unfortunately the first time this happened the screen broke and we're having a hard time getting this sorted. For those of you curious, the phone is a few months old and has only been removed from the case once to insert the sim card. Since then it's sat quite happily in its case until recently.

According to Microsofts website, its covered under warranty as (I think) its a defect, but getting the call centre to understand this is a nightmare! They got us to send it into a repair centre, which we did - they sent it straight back saying they couldn't fix physical damage.

I was hoping others might have heard of similar cases and if so how they got MS to listen? If it comes to it, I'll fix it myself, but it doesn't seem right when it's not our fault.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 630 Warranty

By case, do you mean the shell that serves as battery cover...

Because when you say case I think a 3rd party additional cover added for protection and/or decoration.

That may be the issue. Refer to the phone popping spontaneously out of the shell or battery cover and you may be better understood by customer service.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't think you'll get anywhere with this. If it's a broken screen then it was dropped - something not covered under warranty. Perhaps you got a rare lemon but that will be hard to prove. (Not to mention time consuming).

Luckily the 630's replacement (Lumia 635) is cheap.

anon(9152079)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
To prove you have not broke the pins that hold the back case in the phone, check if they are not melted or something else. Also check the hole where those pins go in the phone to see if none are obstructed.
If they are indeed visibly broken it'll be hard to prove it was a factory problem.

a-Tree

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 630 Warranty

Refer to the phone popping spontaneously out of the shell or battery cover and you may be better understood by customer service.

Good point - she still had the shell/case in her hand when the phone fell out, so that might help. We'll give it a try, thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo