Why does my screen fail to rotate most of the time?

JULIO INGE

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Screen fails to rotate most of the time

Screen rotation looks like Russian roulette, never know when is going to work. I uploaded a MS Word document and want to read it as landscape but no dice, screen will not rotate.

JC

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen fails to rotate most of the time

try a Soft Reset, specifically a hardware reset >>> hold Power button in (~10-15 seconds) until you feel a vibration.
Phone will soft reset, it may clear up your problems, it won't hurt anything.

JULIO INGE

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the screen refuses to rotate no matter how many different fixes I tried. I even got the Sensor Emitter app with same outcome, it will not rotate.
Can someone help me before I chuck this 'marvel' out the proverbial window.
Please and thank you:angel:

Eric Gisin

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Many apps won't rotate. I was going to check some, but now I find nothing rotates, not even photos! Was working yesterday, screen lock is always off. Must be phase of the moon.

JULIO INGE

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to the club, one minute it rotates then...nothing no matter what. Rotation lock is always off; tried 'soft reset' several times but nothing works, It's really baffling, it feels like there is some perverse magic presence that enjoys messing with the users; on a more serious note maybe, just maybe the people at Microsoft are aware of this bug but they are too ashamed to come clean with us. :smile:

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I think that rotation is slow on the 635 due to the fact that it doesn't have a screen orientation sensor, it completely relies on the accelerometer for this so it is slower. Both my Lumia 521 and 920 have this sensor so they rotate faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion