Windows 10 Upgrade?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't control software updates for mobile devices except for Lumias, so there's no guarantee of anything. You should probably email BLU and ask them what they plan to do. AFAIK, they have not released any statements regarding software update to W10

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't update the phone to 10. The specs shouldn't be problem when the Lumia 530 and other low end Lumias will be updated. Well whatever they do will decide whether I purchase or suggest their phones to family members.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
i jjust got my blu win jr LTE today
and as per the info on amazon india site and the blu site both have mentioned that we will get win 10 update just FYI on what i read lets hope for the best

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that Win JR LTE will not be updated to Windows 10 as the 4gb internal memory is insufficient for Windows 10.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that Win JR LTE will not be updated to Windows 10 as the 4gb internal memory is insufficient for Windows 10.

hi
it has 1GB ram and 8gb storage usable around 3.5GB
and every where i read on this product including the blu website it says win 10 update for sure may be not but i just got this as a spare phone and for Rs,3k i feel its worth it

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
The Win Jr LTE has 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of Flash storage.
The Win HD LTE has 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of Flash storage.

Blu's advertising material for both phones state that they plan to upgrade them to Windows 10 Mobile at some point in the future - but they haven't made any commitment to a timeline for the upgrade.

They've had a bit of a hit-or-miss reputation for delivering upgrades for their Android-based smartphones, so I say, "I'll believe it when I see it."

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
The Win HD LTE has 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of Flash storage."

Outside of N. America the Win Jr LTE has 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of flash. This meets the revised minimum specs for Windows 10 mobile and I suspect this model will receive the update. But as you wrote BLU has in the past promised Android updates and not delivered. Still with addition of the BLU Win HD W510U and BLU Win HD LTE X150Q to the Windows Device Recovery Tool, it looks like at least some BLU phones will get the update. (Most surprisingly the BLU Win JR W410a also appears in the WDRT - so perhaps these additions to the WDRT should not be interpreted as indicating that these BLU phones are about to be updated)

Last edited:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The Win HD LTE has 1 GB of RAM, 8 GB of Flash storage.

Blu's advertising material for both phones state that they plan to upgrade them to Windows 10 Mobile at some point in the future - but they haven't made any commitment to a timeline for the upgrade.

They've had a bit of a hit-or-miss reputation for delivering upgrades for their Android-based smartphones, so I say, "I'll believe it when I see it."

Like the Blu Selfie *ahem* yeah that one was supposed to get Lollipop I think it still only has Kitkat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon