Lumia 925 - Disconnecting on 4g

Fordel

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have a long history on this problem, let me explain using facts.

I have 3 phones:
  • A) Nokia 925 NL Version (Borrowed to test, not mine but of my Fathers)
  • B) Nokia 925 DE Version
  • C) Nokia 925 FI Version (Received as replacement of B..; see below for explanation)

1. Location: Netherlands
  2. Starting with using my Simcard #1
  3. Phone A: My #1 Sim in this phone shows a successful 4G connection within seconds of reboot
  4. Phone B: Provided with DE firmware. The first problem: I could not select 4G as highest possible speed. Only 2g/3g.
  5. Phone B: Flashed to NL firmware version (DENIM); 4G was selectable! New problem: no 4G connection possible; What I saw E -> 3G -> H -> disconnect! .. and going to E again.. dutch provider says it sees that the phone is trying to establish a 4G connection but fails every time. They say they see this often with damaged antennas.
  6. Received a new sim card from provider (Telfort) (From this point on, only Simcard #2 is used). Nothing changed, problem remained.
  7. Phone A: My #2 Sim in this phone shows a successful 4G connection within seconds of reboot
  8. Phone B: Flashed to several Firmware versions, problems remained (GB, FR, [DK IS NO SE], BE) (DENIM)
  9. Phone B: Contacted Nokia (ARVATO) and send back my phone (with marks, so I can recognize if I get my same phone back).
  10. Phone B: Received my own phone back, problems still exists.
  11. Phone B: Contacted Nokia (ARVATO) again, send back my phone back again
  12. Phone C: Received a complete new phone. Finland firmware.
  13. Phone C: Exactly the same problem :( 4G selectable, but no 4G connection possible.

Nokia isn't available today and I'm not able to send my phone back within 2 weeks.. So; Help!

What could go wrong here?

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Actual no idea but did you also check it with a different SIM.
The possible damaged antenna sounds reasonable but then it should have worked in phone C.
My suggestion of the SIM card is what if your SIM card has a "bad" contact and by "coincidence" the SIM card reader of the phone A has a "better" pin bed so is still can make the contact.

Bye the way. You made a very clear post about your problem.

Fordel

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, after I flashed phone B from DE -> NL, I received a new sim card from Telfort. So I used an old simcard after DE->NL Flash, went to Telfort and received a new SIM Card. Nothing changed. (will update this in my list above).

Thank you, I did my best to pre-answer all your questions ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss