[L630] Why is there no Denim update yet?

bfg344

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 630 and I have seen everywhere that the Denim update has been available for my phone. It has been updated already and the update is not on there. I have been wanting the enhancements to my audio and I checked yet they are not on there. I heard the denim update would fix that problem but I don't have it yet I am in the United stated and my phone is qualified for the update. Help???

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can flash the LTA MX 7R ROM to get Denim or wait till Cricket releases the update officially (based on experience it might take longer)

bfg344

May 5, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: I decided to download the Windows 10 preview and I got Lumia Denim!! Only problem: No enhancements. I heard there was going to be an enhancer available for audio like the ones where you can change bass and etc. Yet it still has nothing there.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: I decided to download the Windows 10 preview and I got Lumia Denim!! Only problem: No enhancements. I heard there was going to be an enhancer available for audio like the ones where you can change bass and etc. Yet it still has nothing there.
Are you referring to an equalizer? It's under Settings>System>Audio (equalizer and enhancements). I'm using a 929 so I'm nit sure how other devices would display this. I also didn't use it until Denim was already available.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 630 and I have seen everywhere that the Denim update has been available for my phone. It has been updated already and the update is not on there. I have been wanting the enhancements to my audio and I checked yet they are not on there. I heard the denim update would fix that problem but I don't have it yet I am in the United stated and my phone is qualified for the update. Help???

Please follow my forum posting on a handy app that tells you what firmware and operating system you have. Sometimes the extras + info app can tell you the wrong firmware. Thus is a bug that lots of users experienced.
Here
http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=351821
Preview for developers will only give you early access to your operating system example windows phone 8.1 and not your firmware example Cyan, Denim and so on. But as mentioned above your carrier has yet to start releasing denim to your device, its worth it saving the link from the picture posted above and check back on regular intervals to see.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

If you do not have a equalizer then its not Denim.

How do you flash the LTA MX 7R ROM to get Denim??

If you're asking that question then I would suggest ignoring my suggestion about flashing your phone.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If you do not have a equalizer then its not Denim.

If you're asking that question then I would suggest ignoring my suggestion about flashing your phone.

Some low end Lumias like my L520 doesn't have audio equalizers as the hardware on board fo not support this. Try downloading the Lumia Pusher app, this allows you to update your system apps example Audio, Display, Touch and so on. Maybe you need to update your app. As I say some lumias are not equalizer supported
App here:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=492cccf5-6352-4c77-8e5f-fd267bcddafb

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Some low end Lumias like my L520 doesn't have audio equalizers as the hardware on board fo not support this. Try downloading the Lumia Pusher app, this allows you to update your system apps example Audio, Display, Touch and so on. Maybe you need to update your app. As I say some lumias are not equalizer supported
App here:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=492cccf5-6352-4c77-8e5f-fd267bcddafb

Umm? The 630 does get equalizer with Denim. And Windows 10 TP doesn't enable it without the Denim firmware. It's not a hardware limitation but a software one for the 630, but yes the 520 does not support the equalizer.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Umm? The 630 does get equalizer with Denim. And Windows 10 TP doesn't enable it without the Denim firmware. It's not a hardware limitation but a software one for the 630, but yes the 520 does not support the equalizer.

Oh ok. Thought it was hardware related. I think the next firmware update along with the next WP10TP will solve this issue. You could try updating Audio manually using the app I suggested above. Hope this sorts itself, until then you could always convert your mp3 files to 320kbps for a better sound as I have done since my L520 unfortunately doesn't support equalizers.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok. Thought it was hardware related. .
It still could be hardware related. The 630/5 did have the hardware, all it lacked was the drivers that Denim bought along.

You could try updating Audio manually using the app I suggested above. .

Without the Denim firmware all the app would provide is flip to silence, not enable the equalizer.

Hope this sorts itself, until then you could always convert your mp3 files to 320kbps for a better sound as I have done since my L520 unfortunately doesn't support equalizers.

That's true if you're converting a 384 or 512kbps MP3 to 256kbps, upconverting a lower bitrate unfortunately doesn't improve the sound quality significantly. In fact it might degrade the quality due to additional noise addition due to the conversion processes

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It still could be hardware related. The 630/5 did have the hardware, all it lacked was the drivers that Denim bought along.

Without the Denim firmware all the app would provide is flip to silence, not enable the equalizer.

That's true if you're converting a 384 or 512kbps MP3 to 256kbps, upconverting a lower bitrate unfortunately doesn't improve the sound quality significantly. In fact it might degrade the quality due to additional noise addition due to the conversion processes

I do hope this issue resolves itself for you. But yes flip to silence is on my Lumia 520 running denim. I'm sorry you have to wait for it. You can always contact your mobile carrier by email to see if they have any idea when it will it be released. I do hope u get Denim 😊

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I do hope this issue resolves itself for you. But yes flip to silence is on my Lumia 520 running denim. I'm sorry you have to wait for it. You can always contact your mobile carrier by email to see if they have any idea when it will it be released. I do hope u get Denim 😊

Hehe FYI I am not the one who is asking for help, I was just trying to assist the OP same as yourself :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs