pedometer app recommendations?

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up a Blu Win so I can try out Windows 10 on my Lumia 630 without fear of bricking my daily driver. I'm pretty happy with the phone so far, but I do miss the SensorCore feature on the Lumia. Can anyone reccommend a pedometer app that I can leave running in the background? I'm on my feet all day, and like to keep track of my mileage.
Thanks, JP

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's something I've tested with my L1020: RunMaster Pedometer. In the beta program of the app, the creator mentioned that the app requires SensorCore to be able to track footsteps in the background. However, I found that the app can count steps in the background even if the phone (L1020) doesn't have SensorCore - the creator acknowledged this. This means that this should also work for your Blu Win even if that doesn't have SensorCore.

It can also differentiate actual steps made from random bumps (e.g. by riding a vehicle) by comparing accelerometer data with GPS data.

Let us know your findings.

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to report back. I've been using the app on my daily walks, and also left it running in the background during the work day. Once it has been calibrated, it works fine indoors, and doesn't seem to drain the battery much at all. Very happy with the app, thanks for the advice...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre