Anyone been using the Lumia Camera Beta app?

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering what others are experiencing using the just released beta version. I have not had enough time to use it and see if there are overall improvements to the pics I take on auto setting just yet, but hope to in the next several days.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I presume you already saw this article in WC Here's what's new in Lumia Camera Beta version 5.21 | Windows Central

So it look more like and adding from "old" features and some "UI" updates. In the comment section there is also not that much to read over improvements. Apart from a lot of complaining why other devices did not get the update i found these comments.

Aslam Qureshi
I feel lumia camera beta takes slightly sharper pictures on 1520 then what lumia camera takes.

roomybonce
I think there's definitely a difference. Contrast still seems high but it looks like there's more noise reduction. Colour balance seems closer to classic too. An improvement for me.

nycny
Auto focus is much quicker.

So i am really looking forward to your picture comparison.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded it and will use it as my default camera for the time being. My initial thoughts are that the biggest improvements are the audio piece in the video recording. It seems just as responsive as LC5. One nice item is that the settings you set in "pro" mode stay after exiting out of the app, unless you force close it.

I don't use the capture live images function so I won't be able to see if there are any improvements there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro