Lumia 640 XL dual sim matt vs glossy

Michael2525

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Was about to buy dual SIM 640 XL in white, and now I found out that it actually is glossy, which I don't like 😡

Not sure about LTE dual SIM though. It's gone from Microsoft Store France. Don't know why. However I found it on Microsoft Store Spain.

Does anyone know whether this one is matt or glossy?

gedster314

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I was bummed when my white dual sim arrived with a glossy back. I still like the phone, maybe as time goes on I can buy a matte replacement

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Interesting... I got a replacement back battery cover in white and it's matte. Mind you I got it from eBay, from China. However, if it's a fake, it's absolutely the best one I've ever seen.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Interesting... I got a replacement back battery cover in white and it's matte. Mind you I got it from eBay, from China. However, if it's a fake, it's absolutely the best one I've ever seen.

How do you like it compared to the glossy? I wouldn't even consider the glossy, it's enough to not make me buy the phone.

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Trust me man. I normally hate glossy phones and upon ordering my XL, I was so worried I'd get a glossy one. Welp...turns out I did get a glossy one! I was very disappointed but said screw it, I could change the back cover later.

I'm on my 2nd day with the XL and I'm loving the glossy white. Looks really nice, grips to my hand, not slippery at all. It actually looks very sophisticated. I probably won't even bother getting a matte cover since I'll be protecting my phone with a case. If you're having doubts, I say cast them away and just get the phone. Unless you'd rather wait for a carrier-specific model.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Trust me man. I normally hate glossy phones and upon ordering my XL, I was so worried I'd get a glossy one. Welp...turns out I did get a glossy one! I was very disappointed but said screw it, I could change the back cover later.

I'm on my 2nd day with the XL and I'm loving the glossy white. Looks really nice, grips to my hand, not slippery at all. It actually looks very sophisticated. I probably won't even bother getting a matte cover since I'll be protecting my phone with a case. If you're having doubts, I say cast them away and just get the phone. Unless you'd rather wait for a carrier-specific model.

Totally agree with you. I really like the glossy look and feel in white.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
How do you like it compared to the glossy? I wouldn't even consider the glossy, it's enough to not make me buy the phone.

Haven't seen the glossy version, so nothing to compare it to, lol. Sorry. Liking the phone more and more everyday though. I have back covers in black, white and blue. It's fun to swap them out when I get bored.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6