Can I update my Lumia 535 using mobile data?

manmee

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Can I updating my lumia 535 using mobile data

How can I update my lumia 535 using mobile data. i already tried through wifi connection for update my phone but update not sucessful. An error was come 801882d2.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can I updating my lumia 535 using mobile data

Welcome to Windows Central Manmee,

The error you got indicates that your wifi is not stable/to slow.
Do you know the wifi speed?

Updates can not directly be downloaded with mobile data. But there is a work around for that but you need a second phone.
On the second phone you have to enable internet sharing and then connect your 535 to this wifi hot spot and then you can download the update.
But this only will work if the mobile data connection is fast enough and stable so on 2G it probably will not work.
You could by the way put your SIM card (with mobile data) in the second phone if you want to use your own mobile data.

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Download "Windows Phone Recovery Tool" application for PC, connect your phone with a USB cable to the PC. And update the phone firmware and OS trough "Windows Phone Recovery Tool" aplication.

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569

WPRT_450x243.jpg
If your phone is not automatically detected, disconnect all phones from your computer and press "My phone was not detected" at the bottom of the main screen. If prompted, select the phone manufacturer. Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
Wait for your computer to detect the connected phone and follow the screen instructions. If the phone is not connected within one minute you can try to restart your phone: Keep USB connected, press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when phone vibrates. Press Install software to start installing the software to your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss