ATT Lumia 1020 Denim update - any issues?

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has installed the update already seeing any issues pop-up? Just want to get some feedback before I embark on the update process. thx.

edit:
thx all for the info on how it went for you;

Just did the update, apart from few apps refusing to update with error c101a7d1 all seems to be going well.

Last edited:

jazzdoc

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with one 1020 phone, but can't get past the 8018830f installation error on the other phone. Have tried signing into and out of Preview for Developer, haven't tried the reflash tool.

pryorjohn

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
You will need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Launch it and click the "reinstall software" button to get it back to 8.1.

Once that's done you'll be able to install Denim without any issues.

Since I don't have enough posts, I can't share the link, but do a search for Windows Phone Recovery Tool and you'll be able to download it directly from Microsoft's site.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Well MS support was zero help with this issue, suggested I contact the developer or try a hard reset and see what happens.

So now I can't use myTube! app because of license issue caused by the error and can't update RunMaster Cycle and RunMaster Pedometer because of the damn store error.

PYY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile here. Access Point app is even more useless. I used to do the foreign SIM hack but deleting Access Point disables internet/mms entirely. Had to get Wi-Fi from husband's phone to reinstall Access Point to get access to internet/mms.

- Edit
Am 1diot. Missed one hyphen in APN settings. All is well.

Last edited:

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
No issues, in fact my 1020 is running faster then when I first bought it a year ago, the lumia camera is way sicker to I know it didn't get the 5.0, but the images are way crisper,i feel like it has surpassed proshot, which 6 months ago would have been literally impossible. Heres a shot I took on new att denim us, no filter , no hdr, just pure megapixelsWP_20150515_12_16_38_Raw.jpgWP_20150515_12_16_38_Raw.jpg

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked Lumia 1020 on T-Mobile here. Access Point app is even more useless. Internet sharing is completely broken now. I used to do the foreign SIM hack but deleting Access Point disables internet/mms entirely. Had to get Wi-Fi from husband's phone to reinstall Access Point to get access to internet/mms. It doesn't matter if I entered in the correct APN/MMS settings onto the SIM card, it has to have Access Point to work.

Access point does work with denim on older devices (I've a 920) and so does the foreign SIM trick (on Cricket)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Folks who have installed Denim, can you check one thing if possible (for enthusiasts only). If you're planning to hard reset your device after install can you check if installing Windows Insider gives you the Update 2 first instead of Windows 10 TP? Update 2 got enabled on my 920 after Denim was installed, before that it took me directly to Windows 10 TP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb