Trying W10TP tomorrow

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Getting discharged from the hospital today and off work until may 27. Perfect timing for the new W10 TP build which now includes my 930. Will have lots of time to play and investigate. I'll keep you posted.

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Getting discharged from the hospital today and off work until may 27. Perfect timing for the new W10 TP build which now includes my 930. Will have lots of time to play and investigate. I'll keep you posted.

Hope your feeling better now abd seems like you're the perfect person to hear from about the experience on the new build please share everything

Makubex1980

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Just tried it, omg sooooo many bugs and scaling issues its really bad. I'm gonna wait for a green light that a rollback wont brick it like the 520 had back in the day. Hope you guys have more fun with it ;)

Broderjimmy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't even get my start screen to start, just said "loading..." for half an hour. Doing an reset to see how it looks, otherwise I'm going back to 8.1.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm tempted but it doesn't sound very good if we're rolling back so soon. I'm at the airport now so need to hold back on that temptation. Keep us posted.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm tempted but it doesn't sound very good if we're rolling back so soon. I'm at the airport now so need to hold back on that temptation. Keep us posted.

It works fine for some people and not so fine for others, the loading screen is what's getting everyone, you just need to be patient as mine did the loading screen for about two minutes and went to start screen.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
downloaded and installed W10 tech prev. everything works except ...nowhere to add mms settings! it shows edit data apn but nothing for mms(i use a straight talk at&t sim). doing a hard reset now to see if that works. if not, i'll have to revert back to 8.1 as i need the mms. going to play with it for awhile, though. didn't have any problems with start screen like some did. all my apps loaded ok. what is up with the monster sized tiles on start screen? yikes!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
had to roll back to 8.1 due to lack of a place to input my mms apn settings. it was unfortunate because everything else worked pretty well. i previously was running 8.1 update 2 but after rolling back to 8.1 i lost update 2. not much of a big deal at this point. just wanted to share my experience. hope i can figure out a fix for the mms apn issue because the rest of w10tp was working for me. a little slow and clunky, but working none the less. good luck.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't resist and downloaded TP10 before my flight. Probably should have waited.

The loading part is annoying but I came across other issues like my Onedrive not responding and after an update from the Beta Store for Mail and Calendar that started to crash and couldn't open it. Also, couldn't get Cortana to work, couldn't setup folders and a few other annoying things. A bit too unstable at this point to get any work done. Rolling back now. In general I like what I saw. One big plus I noticed was that occasional flickering I was getting was gone.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm rolling back - too many bugs. Main screen sometimes does not appear (tiles), when setting a background image, it covers only 1/2 the screen. The icons are HUGE, when selecting "more icons" the resolution of the live tiles is poor and blurry, gestures beta no longer works, no separate tiles possible for each email account (email is replaced by one app Outlook Mail) and a lot more.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
had to roll back to 8.1 due to lack of a place to input my mms apn settings. it was unfortunate because everything else worked pretty well. i previously was running 8.1 update 2 but after rolling back to 8.1 i lost update 2. not much of a big deal at this point. just wanted to share my experience. hope i can figure out a fix for the mms apn issue because the rest of w10tp was working for me. a little slow and clunky, but working none the less. good luck.
oh, the blinking/flickering is still there, I thought that too as well, but after a hard reset it came back on W10..
What I think what happened was:
From L930 on Denim updated to W10, it said on W10 that I'm on Cyan, no flicker, then after hard reset W10 said I'm on Denim and then flickering, blinking started again.
Denim is at fault, the fw is broken.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I rolled back. What a pain that was. Does anyone know how to get Update 2 back?

Wish I did. Kind of surprised it disappeared after rolling back even though I initially got it without the W10TP. Since I'm off work for a week, I think I'll try the W10 again, but will do a hard reset before install. At least I know the recovery tool works.
If anyone is aware of a fix for my disappearing mms apn input area, please let me know.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
During this process of rolling back I lost a couple of apps (ie Apply Geek) and have to manually download and install. Does anyone know how I can install the XAP file on the 930?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6