Lumia 640 XL Lumia Camera is a disaster

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello!

Whenever I take a picture with the Lumia Camera in daylight it gets too dark and shady. I want to capture the feeling of bright sunshine and clear sky, but it looks like it is shady and dark. Pictures taken in the evening are lighter than pictures taken in daytime. Is there something wrong with the hardware och am I doing something wrong?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You might not be doing anything wrong. You might just not have the correct settings for the type of picture you want. Did you try using the auto settings and are you making sure you are not facing the sun for the picture you want. Always take pictures in bright sunlite with the sun behind you. Your 640XL has a better camera than my 820 and I have no problem getting the type of picture you want with my 820. I am sure its just a minor problem that can be fixed with a few adjustments. Lumia Camera is very good on my 820, and my wife's 925.

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have the sun in my back and use the auto settings. Maybe the 640XL camera is better than yours according to the specs, but in performance I doubt it.

airyblue

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
do you have the magic stick on ?
I don't have XL but on 640 when I don't use hdr it makes it a little bit better but still its worse than 635 and Lumia camera 4

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
BEST SOLUTION: Any problems with dark shady pics or too much sunlight overexposing there's a quick fix using the built-in Editing software.
Take pic > Click Edit(Pen Icon below) > Crop,rotate, auto-fix > Fix(magic wand Icon). All done!! Enjoy the power of Carl Zeiss :grin:

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that is a solution, but it is very tiresome to do this with every picture I take. I would like that setting to be in advance once and for all. Like I said, doing this afterwards for each and every picture takes time, is tiresome and very unpractical.

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I use the magic stick and sometimes I don't. It doesn't make that much of a difference to the problem I am concerned with here.

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I have the magic stick oh and sometimes I don't. I doesn't make that much of a difference to the problem I am concerned with now.

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I use Rich Capture and sometimes i don't. It doesn't make that much od a difference to the problem I am concerned with now. I have tried and failed post the Lumia pictures, but I can try again.

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Well in that case I just memorize the ISO and Shutter Settings from DSLR Cams and apply that (somewhat) using Pro Mode. Hopefully, the 640XL comes with some Seriously Awesome Custom Settings

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure there will be any picture shown, but if there is a Picture below, then it is a Picture that was taken i Bright Sunlight with the sun in my back. The situation had just that feeling of a bright, sunshiny day, that I am looking for. The Picture captures Nothing of that quality. It looks dark, gloomy and shady. Compare this to the second Picture, taken in the evening when the sun was setting and all of that "Bright sunshine" quality was gone.The second Picture actually is brighter than the first.

Daylight:
WP_20150514_14_41_09_Rich.jpg

Evening:
WP_20150514_19_44_32_Pro.jpg

Pavstar619

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Dayuuum Evening's awesome but I can't see the sky lol. For the Morning one increase the Shutter Speed to 1.3+, ISO will auto set, Brightness - change to whatever's desired. You can also try changing the WB control (first Pro Ring above manual focus) to Sunlight(Never used it) .

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Pavstar, I really appreciate that you are trying to help me. Unfortunately all these manual settings are not really my style. I would say that the conditions for the first Picture were perfect and should require no manual settings whatsoever, or at least some kind of setting that could be done once and for all. I want a camera that requires no manual settings at all under normal conditions. Now I am even more convinced that either Microsoft Lumia has made something wrong or there are some hardware issues with my phone.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Why not you send in your phone for checking?? I have no issue displaying bright and sunny photos on a good day.

It looks great even on a gloomy morning.

vilhelmef

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Actually, part of what you are describing is part of my problem. My phone works better in gloomy weather than in sunshine. That makes me feel kind of sad, because I would like it perform when the sun is shining.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
you are experiencing sensor saturation, commonly a problem with small pixel pitch on mobile sensors.
Get over it.

Hello!

Whenever I take a picture with the Lumia Camera in daylight it gets too dark and shady. I want to capture the feeling of bright sunshine and clear sky, but it looks like it is shady and dark. Pictures taken in the evening are lighter than pictures taken in daytime. Is there something wrong with the hardware och am I doing something wrong?

Phanindar Tangirala

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, picture clarity of 640 XL esp indoors is VERY GRAINY AND LACK REALIFE COLORS. Outdoor photos normally has more shadow/dark. Lumia camera 5 is the spoilsport here for which MS has to be blamed and not the hardware itself.

aatta

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
The camera is perfect in the sun light, I think it's a disaster in closed places , the photos are really poor and even the auto fix or filters doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium