Questions regarding the Lumia 930

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the 920 and thinking of upgrading this summer now that high end phones from the 3rd generation have gone down in prices. I am thinking of getting the 930 but have a few concerns.

1. Screen Burn-In- How bad is the screen burn-in on the 930. Coming from a 920 which has an IPS LCD I haven't had to deal with this issue. The OLED screen instead of IPS LCD is making me lean a bit towards the 830 to avoid this issue.

2. Battery Life- I have heard that the 830 has a better battery life but how bad is it on the 930.

3. Glance Screen- I know the 930 doesn't have glance screen like the 830 but I have heard rumors that it has an LED Notification light in the front which may be enabled later. Is this true?

4. Connectivity- I am currently on T-Mobile and know that I won't get LTE but would I at least get HSDPA (regular 4G). I know that there are some variants of the 830 that support LTE on T-Mobile but it's risky. If I buy an 830 and it doesn't have LTE on T-Mobile then I would feel bad for not paying the difference and getting the 930 instead. If the answer is yes for the regular models, then how about on the Gold Version.

I can live with the lack of a removable battery and storage (especially since I get the same 32 GB as the 920)

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I get a Day and a bit of battery life, Burn-in never heard of it, so can't be a issues haha, not sure about light maybe, but in ever other way the 930 is the way to go :)

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
1. Burn in only happens if you leave your screen on for very long periods of time displaying a static image. The risk is aggravated by setting high brightness all the time. In my opinion, if you tend to abuse A LOT on screens (keep it displaying static items for too long on a daily basis and overusing high brightness) LCD will be better for you, but overall Oled is also very reliable.

2. The 830 does have a noticeably better battery life, but with Denim on the 930 you get a full day and maybe even more of moderate to heavy usage. But that will mostly depend on how you use your phone though. Messages? Calls? Web browsing? Navigation? If you especify what you use most this will be easier to aswer, but battery life is still good.

3. Your guess is good as mine :confused: some sites claim so, but looking closely on my 930 i only see sensors... so it might be available for newer phones only (like the 730), but i just can't say that for sure. Microsoft hasn't confirmed or denied LED on the 930 as far as i know.

4. i don't live in the US, so i don't know how to answer that. Sorry, but feel free to ask anything else about the device!

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
How is the battery when it comes to navigation? Currently on my 920 using Here Drive + drains the battery very quickly in comparison to my 635.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Having owned the 920, then the 925 a HTC 8X a load of android flagships and an iphone 6...now happily back with the nokia 930, i would say its the perfect device for me, its a fantastic solid build, has the most amazing screen, that has the best outdoor in direct sunlight viewing ive used on any device, even better than the samsung s5 and iphone 6. More than enough performance for me, also gaming is spot on, not a glitch or slow down anywhere, burn in on the screen, has never happened for me and I keep it set on high auto, with a 3 min switch off. dont miss glance one bit to be honest, thought it was a nifty thing on my 925, but really dont even think about it now, battery life is as good if not better then my iphone 6 and any other flagship for that matter, I always get a day out of it, the only smartphones ive owned that batter that are the Xperia z3 and Note 4 oh yes an the non smartphone old nokia 3310 which lasted 3 weeks or so. Id say go for it...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Probably not worse than other OLED phones like the S5 and such.

2. I believe the 930's battery life is similar to the 920's. Although the 830 is better than both.

3. I've heard some rumors of a light in the 730, but not the 930. Even then, don't buy it with the assumption that it will be enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb