Hyperlapse for Icon

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the Windows version. It imported a clip from my GoPro with no worries. Now I'm hoping the WP version be released for the Icon.

As for why the 930 and not the Icon. There are some differences between the two phones. Seemingly small and insignificant to us users, but not so insignificant to developers.

Last edited:

RSailer

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping this is just an oversight, but for some reason I'm not surprised. The support for this phone has been a nightmare.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I would upload it, but it's over 20 minutes long and around 2GB or so. Besides, Hyperlapse makes the video much more interesting and dramatic.

RSailer

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this posted in the Hyperlapse forums. Sort of answers the question as to why we can't get the app, but brings up a whole new series of questions.

"Hyperlapse Mobile requires Windows Phone 8.1 in order to process video in real-time. Unfortunately the phones that shipped with 8.0 were not fully updated to 8.1. Specifically the GPU is capable of doing the work, but the GPU drivers were not updated. So while most of 8.1 functionality is available on the Icon (929) and 1020, the full Windows 8.1 graphics stack is not available."

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just saw this posted in the Hyperlapse forums. Sort of answers the question as to why we can't get the app, but brings up a whole new series of questions.

"Hyperlapse Mobile requires Windows Phone 8.1 in order to process video in real-time. Unfortunately the phones that shipped with 8.0 were not fully updated to 8.1. Specifically the GPU is capable of doing the work, but the GPU drivers were not updated. So while most of 8.1 functionality is available on the Icon (929) and 1020, the full Windows 8.1 graphics stack is not available."

So maybe W10 Mobile...? Not looking good, and don't like the fact that friends with iPhones can do the cool slow motion replays...anyone know of another good solution?

A.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
If memory serves me correctly, the Icon is a 929, not a 930. That would make them different phones all together.

I can't post links yet, but you can find some comparisons to the Icon (929) and the 930 on geekphone. There are actually many differences.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I just tried the Windows version. It imported a clip from my GoPro with no worries. Now I'm hoping the WP version be released for the Icon.

As for why the 930 and not the Icon. There are some differences between the two phones. Seemingly small and insignificant to us users, but not so insignificant to developers.
The Icon is a 929 not a 930 so there are differences

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If memory serves me correctly, the Icon is a 929, not a 930. That would make them different phones all together.

I can't post links yet, but you can find some comparisons to the Icon (929) and the 930 on geekphone. There are actually many differences.

Do you mean this comparison?
http://geekaphone.com/compare/Nokia-Lumia-930-vs-Nokia-Lumia-929

Which is by the way infested with mistakes.
Or does the icon have SD support.
Or why has my 930 NFC support, a dedicated camera button and a 20MP camera sensor but and according the comparison in the link not.
And is the f really different?
And has the 929 really a microSIM

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...lumia-icon%2Fspecifications%2F&token=PQAkdMZZ

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Flumia930%2Fspecifications%2F&token=1y2AkU5S

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean this comparison?
Nokia Lumia 930 vs Lumia 929

Which is by the way infested with mistakes.
Or does the icon have SD support.
Or why has my 930 NFC support, a dedicated camera button and a 20MP camera sensor but and according the comparison in the link not.
And is the f really different?
And has the 929 really a microSIM

Nokia Lumia Icon - Specifications - Microsoft - USA

Nokia Lumia 930 Specifications - Microsoft - Global

Yeah...that is way wrong. They are more similar than different. As a user, I don't understand why Microsoft hasn't released Hyperlapse for the Icon too. I guess there are some differences under the hood that we don't see that is enough to keep MSFT from making it available for us.

Interestingly, the SoCs are supposedly identical. If that is the case, then the difference is the firmware. For the Icon CDMA is turned on and North American (Verizon compatible) LTE bands are enabled. For the 930, the CDMA is turned off and the international (non-North American) LTE bands are turned on. So...theoretically, if some body came up with a firmware/OS build that could make it past the security checksum you could turn on ALL of the functions within the SD800 SoC and have the best of both worlds.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/800

Modem: Integrated 4G LTE Advanced World Mode, supporting LTE FDD, LTE TDD, WCDMA (DC-HSPA+, DC-HSUPA), CDMA1x, EV-DO Rev. B, TD-SCDMA and GSM/EDGE

CAT4 speeds of up to 150 Mbps with support for up to 2x10 MHz carrier aggregation

3rd Generation integrated LTE modem, with support for LTE-Broadcast​

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed they are more the same then they are different.

So it has to be firmware or Verizon software which causes this.
Because for the ICON double tap also does not work but for the 930 it does.
And in a post from today I read that truecaller also does not work on the ICON because Verizon "blocked" it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just an FYI, I was finally able to get Hyperlapse Mobile installed on my Icon today.

Yep! Me too. I just checked for it and it was there. Now when will Microsoft release the non-trial version for desktop and for my SP3? I've gotten a lot of, "wow! That's cool!" comments on some of my time lapse videos done with Hyperlapse.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo