Anyone Try Build 10080 Yet?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Curious how it might be working on the 830. Lack of Office apps held me back before, but those are available in Store Beta now. I put it on a 635 yesterday, and it looked better, but still tip-toeing into throwing it on the daily.

Anyone tried it yet? Impressions?

heelio

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I put it on my Icon. Haven't done much with it yet. One odd thing is many apps still say pending though they're installed.

bsbharath1987

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have 10080 on my Lumia 830 right now. I've been running it for a couple of days. I did an upgrade over 8.1 PfD and did a factory reset while on Windows 10. At any time, I've not yet encountered the Start Screen loading issue that others have reported on other devices.

I've been having issues with installing certain apps from the Store (beta Store and the usual one) though. I was able to install WhatsApp, however. Apps like Skype, Appy Weather, OneFootball, etc have issues with installing. The progress bar shows the downloading part but errors out when the installing part comes up. Not a lot of random reboots though. The phone did get heated up in one occasion, but I was not able to determine the cause for that.

By the way, the new Office Outlook and Calendar apps are excellent. I've synched them with my corporate Exchange account and it works quite well. I've yet to encounter any bugs in those apps.

If you guys want any app tested, I can do that for you. For now, I've set up GB locale on my phone.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have 10080 on my Lumia 830 right now. I've been running it for a couple of days. I did an upgrade over 8.1 PfD and did a factory reset while on Windows 10. At any time, I've not yet encountered the Start Screen loading issue that others have reported on other devices.

I've been having issues with installing certain apps from the Store (beta Store and the usual one) though. I was able to install WhatsApp, however. Apps like Skype, Appy Weather, OneFootball, etc have issues with installing. The progress bar shows the downloading part but errors out when the installing part comes up. Not a lot of random reboots though. The phone did get heated up in one occasion, but I was not able to determine the cause for that.

By the way, the new Office Outlook and Calendar apps are excellent. I've synched them with my corporate Exchange account and it works quite well. I've yet to encounter any bugs in those apps.

If you guys want any app tested, I can do that for you. For now, I've set up GB locale on my phone.
I'm not sure I'm ready to try it on my 830. The experiences I've had on my 822 have me a little wary at the moment. I'll keep trying the new builds as they arrive though and hopefully one of the next ones will be stable enough.

Thanks for the offer to install apps.

YeankahP

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out on my L925. How about the BBM app. Does it work now? It had remained in the setting up page on Earlier builds.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm iching to try it on my icon but the reported install issues have me decided to wait till next build to see if that at least has been ironed out..

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my 830 used as a daily driver. It was pretty buggy to start, but after a couple of hard resets and some fiddling, I've got it to a point where it's pretty usable. Some issues:

-Downloading from the store beta is a hit-or-miss affair. I just kept trying and eventually I got everything I needed. You may have to go back and forth between the old store and the store beta.
-Store beta is pretty rough, visually. Very clearly a work in progress.
-It doesn't always want to pin the new apps to start screen. Again, just keep trying.
-Outlook mail was a pain to set up, and still doesn't have a good way to notify you about which accounts have new mail. I really really want to have separate tiles for my different accounts.
-Outlook mail no longer has a visual voicemail account by default. I don't know if this is a feature that is still available if you want it. (I like visual voicemail, but not in my outlook app.)
-Office preview apps loaded and run OK, though I haven't done much with them.
-The photos app is completely fixed from build 10052, and is actually pretty nice to use now. Pics show up and get downloaded from Onedrive quickly and easily.
-You still can't share directly from the photos app to Outlook Mail, though you can attach photos from inside the Outlook mail app.
-The keyboard is perfect. On 10052 I kept making a lot of mistakes. I don't know what changed with 10080 (slightly bigger keys?), but it's much better now.
Project Spartan is now the default browser (Cortana search results pop up in Spartan now, not IE), and seems to work pretty well. If you mess up a URL spartan is now smart enough to get you to where you wanted to go most of the time.
-Still gets hung up and needs a restart 1-2 times per day. Just goes with the territory, I guess.
-Battery life is good, probably about the same as with stock 8.1. (Just a seat-of-the-pants guess.)
-Haven't really found any apps that don't work with 10080, though I probably use fewer of them than most.
-Bigger tiles work well, though there are a lot of scaling issues with the live tiles. Looks wierd, but everything works.
-Transparency slider works as advertised and the expanded theme color list is great.

Bottom line: if you don't mind doing some fiddling, try it. The new features for the start screen are pretty cool, and the Office apps are there now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire