My windows phone got switched off during phone update what to do now?

Mushtaq Alam

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I was updating my Lumia 520 windows phone, the displayed message shown that it will take 5 to 10 minutes but the process went on for more than an hour and the phone battery got discharged resulting in switching off the phone, now i have plugged in power source but nothing is on screen except the battery symbol , now what should i do?:crying:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
With a lot of luck the phone will start again, if a battery is drained totally it may take a while before it is charged enough to start again. So leave it on the charger.
But it also could be that your phone is bricked after the charging. In that case you should use the WPRT to see if you can flash it again (maybe you need the option "My phone is not detected".
In worst case your phone can not be recovered and you should seek technical help maybe they can recover your phone.

Good luck.

If you need more assistance please register and reply on this post.

How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Mushtaq Alam

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Harrie, well i have left it charging and now it is showing two wheels like symbol which are rotating, will it work after some time?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Harrie, well i have left it charging and now it is showing two wheels like symbol which are rotating, will it work after some time?

It looks like you have luck.
The wheels rotating means it is updating.
There should be a grey band below the wheels which indicate how far it is so it should become white.
But it could take time, not sure how long but much more then the 5-10 minutes it indicated before it started.

ken kii

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
an update appeared for my phone and i accepted it to install on my phone, initially i wanted to postpone the update, so accepting was a mistake, so i pressed the back button and it took me back to my home screen. after atleast two minutes the phone switched off. i thought it was normal at first because i did accept the update to happen and the phone normally restarts itself automatically, but now it wont fully switch on. it says the battery is low but i put it in the charger and the nokia logo appears but it wont go to the next part which is when the logo appears in a blue backround saying windows phone. its just black... and it keeps saying the battery is low. what is happening. can i fix this? i feel like im the only person this happened to :eck:

Naveen Krishna2

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
My windows phone got switched off during phone update what to do now? the phone restarts automatically and start updating then it turns off again...this is repeating... what do i do??

ronimyr

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Sir i'm using lumia 520. But my phone got switch off during update installation .now when i plug the charger the gear wheel rotate and the phone restarts .please tell me what to do .

amol rathod

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone got off during update and now when i switching it on its showing two spinnig gears and phone is getting restart after every 45sec what to do? help
:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos