Why has my touch screen stopped working?

djrams80

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Touch Screen Stops Working

Hello,

Several times per day, my screen just stops working. The LCD portion of the screen still turns on and off, but it won't recognize any touches. The only way out is a soft reset, since I can't swipe down to turn the phone off, then it works again. I have the Windows 10 preview installed, if that matters.

Anyone seen this? I'm thinking that it's a hardware issue, but I'm not 100% on that, since a soft reset temporarily solves the problem.

I also tried a hard reset and that had me hopeful, because it worked most of the day, then the issue returned in the evening.

Thanks in advance.

DJ

djrams80

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touch Screen Stops Working

Yes, it also happened on 8.1, just not as often. It seems to be escalating. Sometimes the phone acts like someone is pressing random things very quickly, as well.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Touch Screen Stops Working

Yes, it also happened on 8.1, just not as often. It seems to be escalating. Sometimes the phone acts like someone is pressing random things very quickly, as well.

You have all the symptoms of the "phantom swipes "....if you search the forums you'll see the other thousands of people either suffering with this issue, or have left this phone because of it

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos