I've Had About All I Can Take

TheBigOkie

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 920 when they first came out and then a 1520 when it was brand new. I'm on my second one (a one foot drop to a tile floor shattered the screen) a 1520.3 as I've seen them referred to here. You could say I'm a fan.

Since the Cyan update I have been growing increasingly dissatisfied with all of the problems that came with it. Top of the list is the horrendous autocorrect function. WP 8.0 was good, it now sucks. Every time I type "really" it changes it to "realm". Every #$%(@ time. All "-ed" form verbs are changed to "-s"--every one, every time. I could go on.

Then there's the random camera and Cortana launches. And the screen freezes. And the crappy, buggy Bluetooth memory leaks.

Unless something convinces me that WP 10 is here soon, with fabulous hardware I have to go back to iOS or the 'Droid. I live in my smartphone. My job depends on it.

Thanks to reading. I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest.

Jim

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought a 920 when they first came out and then a 1520 when it was brand new. I'm on my second one (a one foot drop to a tile floor shattered the screen) a 1520.3 as I've seen them referred to here. You could say I'm a fan.

Since the Cyan update I have been growing increasingly dissatisfied with all of the problems that came with it. Top of the list is the horrendous autocorrect function. WP 8.0 was good, it now sucks. Every time I type "really" it changes it to "realm". Every #$%(@ time. All "-ed" form verbs are changed to "-s"--every one, every time. I could go on.

Then there's the random camera and Cortana launches. And the screen freezes. And the crappy, buggy Bluetooth memory leaks.

Unless something convinces me that WP 10 is here soon, with fabulous hardware I have to go back to iOS or the 'Droid. I live in my smartphone. My job depends on it.

Thanks to reading. I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest.

Jim

Hi there, sorry to hear that youre unhappy with your devices but i believe its okay to let it go, to calm yourself.

So im guess that the 1520 shattered? If so i think its completely normal. The size of it makes it easier to break. Eg : You can break something that's hollow or less solid when compared to a brick that has less space and is not that hollow. I hope you got a thick flip cover to prevent that in the future.

As for your experience with 8 and 8.1. I honestly like how fluid it was on 8. However 8.1 does offer a little more functionality. As per your auto correct problem you can disable that in your keyboard settings. Settings -keyboard - english - untick correct misspelled words.

For the camera and others have you tried a clean flash (deletes all data)? With the use of Lumia Software Recovery tool. If that doesnt solve it, do get help from Nokia Care center and see if you could get a replacement.

All the best Jim.

TheBigOkie

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, vsmh! I turn the autocorrect function off when it starts to really bug me. It's a nice concept, and it used to work way better than it does now. Is no one else having the issue with the spelling correction? I cannot understand how this could be happening on one phone.

Jim

TheBigOkie

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Mr Lachey and Scrubby XD. At least know I'm not completely insane. I think it may actually be a keyboard problem, but I haven't been able to prove it. Either way, autocorrect in a world where you type with your thumbs is a must have. And it has to work correctly. Realm it does.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Spell check flubs up words all the time and can be really annoying, especially if you use specialized terminology. It's particularly annoying when you are a writer and editor and you're sending quick messages to people who expect you to write well. On the other hand, it has learned the names of my dog and children quite well, and they aren't common words, so I was impressed with that!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Never had any problems with freezing or random app launches. As for your keyboard, try this.

Settings > keyboard > Advanced > reset suggestions

Hopefully that helps.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the Cortana launches too! I am looking for someone else with an answer maybe...
But when I press the power button and set down my phone, once every 10 times I'll hear Cortana pop up and she starts dictating what I am saying. It's funny but she once dictated an entire paragraph before I realize she was listening but she got me word for word, haha.

Lumia 920 on ATT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa