Do any of you NOT have touch issues

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Nope, not having issues at all. Everything work flavesly.
Yesterday i put some screen protector, they told me it's harder then normal ones and softer then glass..still don't know name of it but god it feel strange. It's kinda sticky and very soft. Messing up with my fingers while typing.

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Reading through this forum has made me itch for a 1520 again... I have been keeping away due to reading a lot about how this is a big issue.
I kept my 1320 in my front pocket without issues...

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Reading through this forum has made me itch for a 1520 again... I have been keeping away due to reading a lot about how this is a big issue.
I kept my 1320 in my front pocket without issues...

Yeah, the 1520 is just SO PERFECT, but I just couldnt take the ghost taps on the last two I had...may give it one last try.. .

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had two 1520s replaced, am on my third - had the device since launch in 2013 - and o think its a beast! The best WP device, all round, by far. That said its a shame this touch issue had been so prevalent. Other devices seem to have varying issues also... The qc needs to be stepped up a gear. And it would be good if a customer service model like apples could be put in place; I'd love to walk into a store and walk out with a replacement. But then there's no store in the UK and all over got is the ineptitude of the geek squad and the cpw.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Used mine with no case, never had a problem with the touch screen and ghost taps.

Had it for a good four months. It actually worked perfectly and it was top notch at everything.... but it was too big so I sold it.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had two 1520s replaced, am on my third - had the device since launch in 2013 - and o think its a beast! The best WP device, all round, by far. That said its a shame this touch issue had been so prevalent. Other devices seem to have varying issues also... The qc needs to be stepped up a gear. And it would be good if a customer service model like apples could be put in place; I'd love to walk into a store and walk out with a replacement. But then there's no store in the UK and all over got is the ineptitude of the geek squad and the cpw.

Well it almost is like apples. You can Always walk into a Microsoft store and walk out with a replacement! Alot of times the workers there are so nice they'll replace items n stuff for you before even thoroughly checking the issue and whether or not its your fault or out of warranty! Great costumer service... the problem is microsoft stores are far from being everywhere, unlike apple stores.. .

Last edited:

Maccabeus

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Carry in front pockets and don't really have any problems with bending/flexing/stressing the phone (dress pants, dockers, or cargo shorts, usually not jeans). If I'm sitting down for a long time, the phone comes out and sits on the desk/counter/dashboard/armrest.

Use an Imak Slim Super Shell Case (a better version of the Incipio Feather case, Major HT to Bacalaohombre here at WC for the recommendation! Very pleased with the case.)

Almost never have screen issues. Once in a while, if I try to scroll with the edge of my fingertip it may register as a tap. Doesn't happen often. Never happens if I scroll with the pad of my finger. But it's a trade off, as the L830 I upgraded from had a different kind of touch issue. The dedicated search button rarely worked and to activate Cortana, I had to hit the app and the mic button. Now I have the choice of a functional search button or Hey Cortana, so I'll tolerate the occasional unintended tap.

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
This case is very good as a matter of fact it's excellent.
It is a hard shell three piece with a rubberized coating and a rubber boot that attaches to the front.
It is very rigid and I'm sure the phone could take a four foot drop without any issues.
Completely eliminates accidental taps to any of the side buttons, and helps with the three front soft touch buttons too.

Kaleidio TM Dual Layer Armor Hybrid Case Cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3101977

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I had them until I turned down the sensitivity, turned off glance screen, and applied a basic screen protector. Not sure which one fixed it and I've had it about a month. It works awesome now and it's an excellent device.

Bryon Burns

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the Incipio wireless case for a little rigidity, and of course wireless charging. If I have it in my pocket, it's always face out to prevent the digitizer from bowing out, but rather in to keep it aligned. Most the day when at work (security), I use a horizontal holster by niteize. I had phantom taps on my other 1520 when I placed it face in when in my pocket, and without a case.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
First I will say my 1520 has never had this issue.

Now,I have a phone I sold off craiglist that I took back and refunded after a few days. I watched it do the phantom touches in his hands and while it was under his hands (not touching). It was factory reset and I have used it since... Not one phantom touch, as it was before I sold it.

He stated it worked fine, he set his phone up how he liked it, hours or a day later it started doing it. But this blows the thing wide open for me. In this case it's a real AT&T screen so it's not the digitizer. The OS is the same so that leaves two possibilities: There is an app causing this or Some people exude more of an electromagnetic field than others and the super sensitive screen can't handle it. What do you think?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My first green 1520 suffered from touch issues out-the-box--especially with touch-to-wake turned on--and white spots on the screen later on. Once touch-to-wake had been turned off, the touch issues diminished exponentially, but were there minutely. I had that one for about 9 months. I did a warranty exchange from AT&T and now I don't have any touch issues and white spots. It's been about 6 months and it's smooth sailing. I carry mine in my front pocket at all times, but I also have a protective case on it.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
People mostly reported this issue when they carried this phone in front pocket, so it has something to do with the bending and flexing of screen. Given its size, its quite possible.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have seen all (I guess) the issues complained with the L1520.

I have had my screen replaced now few times, and its going in next week again!

First I noticed my screen was maybe half mm higher on the right side, took it in and they said the glue has given away and replaced it. When I got my device back, the vibrator was making crazy noise, so I had to take it in for few more hours to get that replaced.

About 3-4 months later I noticed white spots on the screen. These strange white spots are visible on white backround and look little like light is bleeding through.

I took the phone in and they replaced the screen. Same evening when I picked it up, I see again white spots on the screen and take it in agian the next day. Again a new screen.

After 3-4 months use again I see similar spots have appered again. I didnt take the device in right away and now I have started to get phantom presses of the search button. Sometimes the voice search goes on when pressing camera button and its really annoying.

Oh yeah, and of course I have had the phanton swipe/double tap bug, but with that I can live with. After the last screen change these were less. Im sure this is present in every L1520, people might not just realize it. Also the way you swipe affects it and you can learn to swipe so that it happens less, but still, its not normal.

Now Im buying a L830, so most likely when I get the L1520 fixed again Im selling it.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have seen all (I guess) the issues complained with the L1520.

I have had my screen replaced now few times, and its going in next week again!

First I noticed my screen was maybe half mm higher on the right side, took it in and they said the glue has given away and replaced it. When I got my device back, the vibrator was making crazy noise, so I had to take it in for few more hours to get that replaced.

About 3-4 months later I noticed white spots on the screen. These strange white spots are visible on white backround and look little like light is bleeding through.

I took the phone in and they replaced the screen. Same evening when I picked it up, I see again white spots on the screen and take it in agian the next day. Again a new screen.

After 3-4 months use again I see similar spots have appered again. I didnt take the device in right away and now I have started to get phantom presses of the search button. Sometimes the voice search goes on when pressing camera button and its really annoying.

Oh yeah, and of course I have had the phanton swipe/double tap bug, but with that I can live with. After the last screen change these were less. Im sure this is present in every L1520, people might not just realize it. Also the way you swipe affects it and you can learn to swipe so that it happens less, but still, its not normal.

Now Im buying a L830, so most likely when I get the L1520 fixed again Im selling it.

Were these repairs all during warranty period?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel