L925 - Integrated microphone & remote on headphones not working

besweeet

May 16, 2014
Visit site
The single click button (to answer calls, for example) as well as the microphone that are integrated into a pair of earbuds aren't working anymore with the Lumia 925, yet they work fine with other smartphones. Other headsets with those features aren't working either, so I'm assuming it's an issue with the L925 itself.

Anyone experience anything similar? Debating replacing the 3.5mm headset jack...

Mark Kenny2

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I have just purchase the CX 2.00g from Sennheiser and the inline controls and mic are not working. Anyone any ideas, has any thing changes bewteen win8 & win8.1?

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not the 3.5mm, it's the type of headphone port the phone uses. The Lumia 925 uses a universal 3.5mm headphone jack so it can be used with both AHJ and OMTP headphones/earbuds. The upside to this is you can use any headphones without the loss of volume of the speakers, however the downside is that not all headphone functions will work such as microphone and volume buttons.

Here are some good reads about this issue:
FAQ - What type of wired headsets can I use with my Lumia phone? - Microsoft - United Arab Emirates
Jays AB headset for Windows Phone and a note on headset standards

besweeet

May 16, 2014
Visit site
It's not the 3.5mm, it's the type of headphone port the phone uses. The Lumia 925 uses a universal 3.5mm headphone jack so it can be used with both AHJ and OMTP headphones/earbuds. The upside to this is you can use any headphones without the loss of volume of the speakers, however the downside is that not all headphone functions will work such as microphone and volume buttons.

The issue is that they used to work fine with these smartphones, but eventually stopped.

Forgot to update the original post: speakerphone calls in addition to videos aren't working, so a replacement headset jack/USB port combo may help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12