Proshot

NokWinLu

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Proshot no longer opens on my up to date Verizon Icon. I'm doing the insider program so I am at whatever update that is.

I hit the icon and it says 'sorry, fail (something like that' and then lets me email the developer.

thoughts?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You might be able to reach the developer through this thread, he could assist you if you provide more details (OS version, etc.).

And welcome to Windows Central.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Insider program - the Windows 10 Tech Preview? That's not up to date, that's a pre-beta OS...maybe it doesn't work on 10 yet.

There's a huge thread somewhere on the site, should be able to hunt it down and see of anyone else is having those problems.

(Also, uninstall, reboot, install, see if works, maybe reboot again for fun.)

Up to date would be 8.1/Denim...

NokWinLu

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I will check that thread. I did PM him but I imagine that he is fairly busy.

I have Verizon so I am on 8.1 Denim. I will try to uninstall and reinstall. I've rebooted a couple times, which did not help.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I will check that thread. I did PM him but I imagine that he is fairly busy.

I have Verizon so I am on 8.1 Denim. I will try to uninstall and reinstall. I've rebooted a couple times, which did not help.

You said in your original post that you are, "I'm doing the insider program", then just said you are running WP8.1/Denim. Which is it? Do you have the Windows Insider app installed, and running WP8.1/Denim, or do you have Windows Mobile 10 Technical Preview (TP) installed?

Just by installing the Windows Insider app, doesn't mean you are actually running Windows Mobile 10 TP.

If the latter, then it is likely the app hasn't been updated for Windows Mobile 10. He stated in the details that v6 is delayed because of Win Mobile 10. As Glen stated, Window Mobile 10 TP is beta software and hasn't even been released to developers yet. Developers won't start working on apps until they get a stable final release (i.e. the same version that goes to the carriers (minus firmware)).

In either case, try going in this order:

1. Soft reset - try App

If that doesn't work, then:

2. Uninstall app, reinstall, soft reset - Try app

If that doesn't work, then you have less options.

1. Contact the dev (which you have done), and hope he is updating/fixing it.
2. Do a hard reset and hope it works when you reinstall it. The last option is the last resort, and still won't guarantee it'll work; regardless if you are running WP8.1/Denim or Win Mobile 10 TP.

NokWinLu

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm 8.1 / Denim.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working but it's the trial version. It's only $3 but if I hit 'buy' again will I have to pay for it again.
Wow...can't believe I'm hyping over $3.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm 8.1 / Denim.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working but it's the trial version. It's only $3 but if I hit 'buy' again will I have to pay for it again.
Wow...can't believe I'm hyping over $3.

If you hit buy, you won't be charged again. The Microsoft App store remembers the apps you've paid for. I've reinstalled several apps that I've actually paid for without paying any extra money.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for helping out gernerttl!

And I responded to your PM NokWinLu :)

Edit: The best thing to do if ProShot is not working is to uninstall ProShot, restart your phone, then re-install. You won't have to buy the app again, the purchase is tied to your account so you can reinstall as many times as you want. It is important, though, to restart your phone before reinstall to clear the cache.

Technical stuff: WP8.0 was a great new beginning for Microsoft with a Camera API that took Apple / Google over 2 years to catch up to. Unfortunately, it was also quite buggy. It saw patches over the various GDR updates, but never quite got to 100% in my opinion. For that reason I will be completely rewriting ProShot for Windows 10 (as many of you may already know). It's still a long ways away (Microsoft hasn't finalized their W10 Camera API yet), but it will be here in time for your shiny new W10 device :)

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hope W10M Camera API bring possibility to manipulate raw data or something like. For what I could see, Lumia 950 still have the same bad algorithms that 930/1520/830 have.

Anyway, I can't wait for new ProShot! Best Camera App ever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos