Problem with internet explorer on 3G network.

vikrant1982

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Friends,

I am from india and i have a year and half old lumia 920 running windows phone 8.1 Denim update. I moved to a new city 6 months back where i bought a new vodafone prepaid connection. While using 3g on my vodafone connection, i was getting not so good battery backup because the phone always defaulted to HSPA mode instead of 3g while the phone was idle.

I thought of switching to another network on which my phone would default to 3g while it was idle. So far so good, the battery life is now better but there is a small issue with internet explorer. Whenever i use any application that uses internet, the phone quickly jumps to H or H+ mode and everything works fine. However, when my phone is lying idle and if i start internet explorer for browsing, the phone never jumps to H or H+ mode in one or two attempts and continues to be in 3g mode and the web page is not fetched. Its always in the 2nd or 3rd attempt that my phone switches to H or H+ mode and fetches the page from the internet.

I have also tried UC browser which appears to work fine and fetches the page in the very first attempt. On the old vodafone network, this was never a problem as the phone was always in HSPA mode.

Please help......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes