Photo App / Camera Not Recognizing SD Card

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, my camera and photo apps stopped seeing my SD card. The phone plays music still (on the card), and the Files app sees them just fine. If I go to the Files app, I can see them. When I tap one, it comes up (I presume in photo app).

But, if I go to Photo app, it doesn't show any photos on the SD card (will show ones on the phone's internal storage). Also, the camera is not saving photos to the SD card, but it will save them to the SD card.

If I plug it into the computer, I can download old photos off the card, but the camera won't save new ones.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I did a soft reset, and I also took the card out and reseated it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there's a fix for this.

You will have to use the Files app, rename the folders where your photos are (any arbitrary name would do) and then rename them back to your desired folder name.

For example, you've got a folder named "Zipper". Just rename it to "Zipper2q4" and then rename it back to "Zipper". This should force the phone to update the Photo Hub with the photos in your Zipper folder.

Note, however, that if you've got a folder within the Zipper folder, you will need to rename that sub-folder as well.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks much - I'll try that.

Didn't quite work. I changed the camera to MS Camera, and it will now save to the SD card (was using Nokia Camera, which does not appear to existing any longer). I can click a photo to see it in the Photos app, but I don't see any preview pics.

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I get a message saying I need Denim. I may go Insider route to download Update 2, and see what happens. Just not real keen on wiping and reloading data - takes forever.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Well, I pulled the card from the phone, copied everything over to the computer, put the card back in the phone, formatted it, then copied everything back to it, and it seems to be ok now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss