Why is there a black area on my Lumia 1520 screen after falling down?

Ramy4Mohamed

May 22, 2015
Visit site
black areaa on lumia 1520 screen after falling down

hey gus , today my lumia 1520 suddenly fell down and when i picked it up i found a black area in the lower left corner , i think they are stucl pixles cause the area contain many colored dots , any one can help please ???

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: black area on lumia 1520 screen after falling down

That looks bad. Maybe a soft reset or massaging the area will remove some of the dead pixels but it looks permanently messed up. Warranty claim perhaps?

Ramy4Mohamed

May 22, 2015
Visit site

that dead area composed of many many colored pixels which get brighter when i increase screen brightness , is this accounts for any thing ?????

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hey gus , today my lumia 1520 suddenly fell down and when i picked it up i found a black area in the lower left corner , i think they are stucl pixles cause the area contain many colored dots , any one can help please ???

picture of the area :

View attachment 105230

The glass is too thin and close to the display. Damaging the LCD is fairly easy.

Try PixelFinder in the store, and make sure your glass is in place.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

how to make sure glass is in place ?

L1520 is optically bonded, my mistake. Was thinking of another phone...

If you clamped your phone fairly tight with your hand you could easily replicate the damage in other places.
Some people massage the glass around the stuck area, others freeze their phones... Too much snake oil when it comes to LCD repair.

I have never been able to fix a LCD with damage like this. Apps like PixelFinder are generally considered the most reliable forms of screen repair, but they have never worked for me ~_~

I hope it works for you, very unfortunate.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: black areaa on lumia 1520 screen after falling down

Threads merged...

User, please do not create multiple threads on the same topic it does not help you get better advice when the conversation gets scattered across different threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa