Help I got problems no audio in or out

TimnMelinda

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
My mothers 920 has been perfect, then a couple days ago she could not here anything when she answered phone, and people could not here her.

I thought at first her volume was all the way down, I got the phone yesterday and went to turn the volume up, the drop down little panel that shows volume and your changes is not displaying, it is like it is trying to pop down and gets stuck.

I have tried soft resets, nothing.

I have tried plugging head phones in and out nothing.(I do not think it is stuck headphone jack, she does not use headphones, she only uses phone as phone

I have tried playing music through phone, nothing and I get an error code cood4e84
I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for phone.

I just did a restore to restore phone to factory, went through resetting phone. Once it was done, it went through updates etc, I restored contacts etc, then tried phone, Same problem all over.

I have several hours trying to search and read about like problems
I am stuck, any ideas or suggestions, I am beating my head on this one!

TimnMelinda

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
The failure code means No audio playback device found-COOD4E84

The 920 has probably a hardware problem because even a hard reset could not solve it.
You could however try to use the WPRT to flash the software again.
How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

(And or (if you are up to it) open the phone and see if you find some "loose" contacts.)

Tried WPRT, still no luck, as you suggested, it must be hardware. I may attempt to open it up and see what I see, At this stage I am starting to figure, what do I have to lose, it is Junk to me If I can not fix it. Thank You for your suggestions!

TimnMelinda

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Actually spoke with B & H where I purchased phone, they issued an RMA and it is on the way back to them, it is still covered by warranty, so I guess we will see what happens!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon