What if Glance Screen could be implemented this way?

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
hey folks

It's a known fact that Glance needs display memory and proximity sensor to work. The 930 and 730 both lack the first but have the latter, so i was thinking... what if Microsoft could work on a handicapped different kind of Glance for phones that lack display memory? Like this:

take a peek - available (possible due to the existent proximity sensor)
interval - not available
always on - not available
always on while charging - available (it won't waste power as the battery would be charging anyway)

what i mean is, "take a peek" would allow you to wake Glance up by hovering your hand over the sensor or taking the phone out of your pocket. 15 seconds later, it turns off, like any other phone with this feature. No display memory needed; no power wasted.

interval and always on on the other hand still wouldn't be viable. Without display memory, i imagine they would be great battery eaters.

maybe this would be a great way to have this useful and impactful feature on the 730, 930 and budget devices. Basically we'd get ''half Glance'', but hey, isn't that better than no Glance at all? For many people it's hard not to miss it when a lot of x20 series phones had it.

and of course, i might completely wrong and have no idea what i'm talking about xD but it's just a thought

what do you guys think?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This could easily be possible by being something sort of like a second black lockscreen being added that times out after 15 seconds.....

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Completely agree, this can be implemented to almost any phone, this idea has been there since the 930 launched, but MSFT is yet to implement it, if I recall there is a uservoice entry about this.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I mean that is very good and that is possible. Samsung have that function and it is linked with proximity sensor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte