Lumia Icon vs 930 for use on AT&T

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I put my ATT card into the Icon that came in today, and it only said "H" next to "AT&T" in the status bar.

H shows you have HSPA coverage, which is AT&T's "4G" coverage. If there is LTE in your area, then it is either 700Mhz (band 17) or 850Mhz (band 5), neither of which the ICON supports.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
H shows you have HSPA coverage, which is AT&T's "4G" coverage. If there is LTE in your area, then it is either 700Mhz (band 17) or 850Mhz (band 5), neither of which the ICON supports.

Just a quick clarification, H+ is what ATT calls 4G, H is just 3G. They're kinda both 3G tech. (varies depending on coverage)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

So the point is, then, that you will not, in all likelihood, get LTE on an Icon on AT&T.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Well if you ever switch to T-Mobile the Icon will work with LTE. I have gotten up to 42Mbps up/36Mbps down on T-Mobile with my Icon.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well if you ever switch to T-Mobile the Icon will work with LTE. I have gotten up to 42Mbps up/36Mbps down on T-Mobile with my Icon.

I really enjoy how well my ICON works with T-Mobile. I've gotten 79Mbps down in my home in the middle of the night. It's substantially faster than my home internet.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick clarification, H+ is what ATT calls 4G, H is just 3G. They're kinda both 3G tech. (varies depending on coverage)

HSPA+ is a 4G network and NOT an AT&T marketing term. Both HSPA+ and LTE are direct descendants of GSM. The biggest difference is that LTE has more potential over the longer term, which is why it is called "long term evolution." Both technologies provide high speed data access. However, LTE provides a higher potential through put and allows for more connections.

Here is an article about the differences between the two.

Difference Between HSPA+ and LTE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)