Why can't I send or receive media messages in BLU HD LTE?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can't send or receive media messages in BLU HD LTE

Talked to ATT three times, they say not att phone, won;t work

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: can't send or receive media messages in BLU HD LTE

Talked to ATT three times, they say not att phone, won;t work

That, quite frankly, is bull snot.

On the phone go to Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM settings > Toggle "Manual internet APN" to on > edit internet APN (then save changes) > edit MMS APN (and save changes)

Use these values:
Capture.JPG

I got these values from AT&T's own help page: Programming non-AT&T devices with the correct APN and MMS data settings- AT&T Wireless Support

GemstoneLover

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I also have a question about this, but I have Straight Talk. When I first put my Straight Talk SIM card into my BluWin HD LTE, my MMS worked. But then I had issues with my data working, so I did a soft and then a hard reset on my BluWin HD LTE to try to clear that up. I had to call Straight Talk to help me in the end, and now my data is working (albeit slowly), but now my MMS is not working.

I've called Straight Talk multiple times, and they gave me the MMS APN settings I need, but every time I try to put the MMS settings in the phone it doesn't save them. I have set the APN settings to manual, I have manually entered the Internet and MMS settings, but every time I hit the save button the settings page says "Add MMS APN," and not "Edit MMS APN." The Internet APN settings save just fine, it's the MMS APN settings that don't seem to save. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so has anyone figured out a way to fix it?

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I live in Montreal and have Videotron as a service provider. My 2-day-old BLU Win HD LTE can't receive MMS messages. It sends it fine though. Videotron tech support tried to help but to no avail. Any ideas, anyone?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I live in Montreal and have Videotron as a service provider. My 2-day-old BLU Win HD LTE can't receive MMS messages. It sends it fine though. Videotron tech support tried to help but to no avail. Any ideas, anyone?

If you can send MMS your settings are accurate. Not receiving them must therefore be on the carrier side. We had a similar issue state-side with Straight Talk a couple months ago. ST changed something in their policy, which meant a change in their servers controlling the network and it knocked out reception of MMS on Windows Phones. They fixed it at their end.

I'm sorry that is the best advice I have for you. Maybe you can get a tech to look at this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ca.../355475-straight-talk-incoming-mms-issue.html and get someone from Videotron aware the have a problem with their servers interacting with Windows Phone.

Double check this by putting your SIM in another Windows Phone or asking other Windows Phone users on Videotron to verify the issue and report in. The more voices, the better a chance of a fix.

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site

I just got mine and put the AT&T sim card in slot 1... When I booted my phone to start from scratch and set it up... It asked me what carrier im using the phone with and I selected AT&T and it set up everything.... All my settings and everything works perfect... I suggest doing a hard reset... And setting it from scratch

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

I will give it a try. Thanks! One thing the Videotron tech support guy (who was on the phone with me for an hour) said that was strange was "The MMS toggles between Enabled/Disabled on their network for my phone."

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
great I'm having the same trouble as you guys, also was having the same troubles on my L1520 and I thought this new phone would fix that problem...seems like it's on videotrons side and NONE of their tech is really knowledgeable or any help! grrrrrrr

Thomas Wolford

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Fought with my Blu to get mms working with Net10 service for months, finally got it working in the last 10 mins but the forum wont let me post the settings i used because it contains a URL and i havent made 10 posts in the forums yet... :eck:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Fought with my Blu to get mms working with Net10 service for months, finally got it working in the last 10 mins but the forum wont let me post the settings i used because it contains a URL and i havent made 10 posts in the forums yet... :eck:

Did you by any chance find what you needed on unlockit.co.nz??? They are pretty comprehensive.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It was meant for Thomas Wolford.

Erm... Mr. Wolford's MMS settings on Net 10 that he found won't help you on Videotron. Two different animals.

Read my post here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...d-help-1520-cant-receive-mms.html#post3194259

Ask your Videotron support line if they use UMTS (3G) Band 4 on 1700 & 2100 MHz of if their 3G is only on 1700... My theory is you can send but not receive because option 2 (only 1700) is what they are doing. Your phone uplinks (sends) on 1700 and downlinks (receives) on 2100. They are trying to get you to receive MMS over 1700 and your phone doesn't listen for incoming data there.

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll check with Videotron tomorrow. But here's some extra info: I was using an HTC 8s for 27 months before its sudden death. I was able to send and receive MMS no problem with Videotron as my provider.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HTC Windows Phone 8S - Full phone specifications
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vid?otron
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vid?otron_Mobile

I really can't find that Videotron has any spectrum outside 1700 of their own. It seems that their network is based on one single purchase of spectrum from Industry Canada...

HTC 8s has only a 2G and a 3G radio... Videotron has no 2G. Videotron 3G runs on 1700 only and the 8s only has 900/2100 on the 3G radio.

I think that whole time on your HTC 8s with Videotron you must have been roaming on Rodgers who they have an agreement with.

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
2 days after I upgraded my BLU Win HD LTE to W10M, I have been able to receive MMS. As far as I know, Videotron did nothing new since their last response was that the phone is not officially supported by them.

fsjon

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I am having the problem now ever since I downgrade back to 8.1 from w10 fast ring. MMS works fine out of the box without me entering any apn, for both data and mms.

Then I installed w10 TP, and it works perfect, but then I installed the fast ring just to see what's up. Majority of the apps I use daily just crash on launch, so I wanted to go back to w10 TP. Found out you have to use the Windows Device Recovery (WDR) tool and go all the way back to 8.1.

Right away after flashing, mobile internet is not working...it was simple to add the apn and it works fine. But MMS, I could not get it to work with any of the different MMS apn settings for my carrier (Rogers). Like I said, it worked before I flashed back to 8.1.

Anyone having this problem? I did the WDR twice from 10 to 8.1 and still apn settings would not work until I enter them manually for mobile internet. MMS wouldn't work no mater what apn I enter or leave it blank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium