This is how my new Lumia 730 let me down !!! :( What could I have done wrong?

MrD33P

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
This is how my new Lumia 730 let me down !!! :(

I bought lumia 730 one month ago, and few days back I was with my friend somewhere waiting for someone. we were sitting in waiting hall, there was a air cooler and we were bored like hell,he took my phone examined for some 10 minutes and challenged me that my mobile can't capture stills of moving fins of this cooler. I laughed at him and told him that it can do that, I insisted , then he put a bet of 1500 rs. (around 23-24 $). and then the game begins I tried a lot to capture cooler blades but failed , I was unable to capture stills of moving blades of cooler, I tried lower shutter speeds, plus higher/lower ISO sensitivity and all other I could do but no luck. I lost bet.
then my friend said that his own phone's camera can do that, (he has a old nokia n8) and I never knew n8 has such a powerful camera. This time I put bet of 1500 rs. , and you know what happened, he did it in one go.

so question here is that, was I doing something wrong or 730 really has such creepy camera ( can't capture fast moving objects) :/

please tell me if there are settings or combination of settings to do that.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: This is how my new Lumia 730 let me down !!! :(

He might have had an older picture he once took when the fan was off and used it to hoodwink you. :)

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site

Buddy all the phones with xenon flash can do this....lumia 1020 ....and way much better than n8.....its Tested.....you can search youtube too!

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site

All you need to take a close up with xenon flash on and bam! No shutter adjustments and anything else.....

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I think the n8 would do fine... It's got a great xenon flash, just there isn't much after processing of the picture...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The N8 was Nokia's flagship camera phone before the 808, no surprise it trounced your 730. No reason to feel bad, it may be newer but the 730 is nowhere near the N8 in camera excellence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720