I am have ear speaker issues, is this something I can fix?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am have ear speaker issues

When I call out on my Nokia 925 I can only hear if I use speaker phone . But the kicker is my ear speaker works when I get notifications and texts . I did a hard reset and it worked normally again for about half a day . Bluetooth is not on and I don't have driving mode set . This seems like a bug to me . If anyone has any advice I sure could use it . I don't want to have to get another phone .

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I am have ear speaker issues

Are you using a wired headset to listen to music?

Is that headset iOS compatible? If yes it may be messing up the disconnect recognition. No need to Hard Reset, a simple Soft Reset will fix it without losing your data and going through setup of phone... Soft Reset is hold down the Volume Up & Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). Change to a headset that is not iOS compatible as those ones have different wiring order (most of them have a small "i" in the model name/number).

If this does not help, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in this thread.

glennatwork

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for getting back with me . I never use the headset . I used a generic one that came with a previous C7 I used to have back in the day just to see if I could hear who was on the other line and I could . I tried to unplug and plug them back in like I have read others have to see if that would fix the problem . I will say this I got it to work right after a hard reset then this morning it reverted back . I have also had a situation where I have been continually having to turn my Bluetooth off for reasons that baffle me . I really hope it is a simple fix because I do get sound when I receive notifications like texts . Anyhow any help would be really appreciated .

glennatwork

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Actually there is no blue tooth issue . I'm just going slowly insane trying to figure this out . :angry: The ear speaker works for notifications but not a phone call . I can only have conversations on speaker phone . I also don't get any sound when I press the numbers on the digital keypad or feel the slight vibration when touching them . Once again any direction I can be pointed in would be helpful . I haven't even had this phone a year . It has to be a bug or simple fix otherwise how could the speaker work perfectly fine for notifications .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss