Lumia 535 touch problem

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
We used to have "Nokia Service Centers" where I brought my girlfriend's Nokia ExpressMusic (oh, that thing had a better camera than my HTC T3333 running Windows Mobile 6 - even then Nokia had "Zeiss" optics). But a few months before the acquisition these "Nokia Service Centers" just disappeared one by one. Now we've got some local "accredited" service center (Aikontech - if that name is even catchy).

My girlfriend's sister's phone (if I'm not mistaken) was mishandled by "Nokia Care" (isn't that what they're called before?). They had it repaired virtually scratch-free; after a month of service time it returned with n^m number of scratches (where n is an integer greater than 1 and m is an even larger integer greater than n) on it.

I guess there's wisdom in taking a photo of every angle of one's phone before giving it to a service center. That's what I did with my Lumia 1020 before having it repaired. Fortunately, they returned my phone exactly how it looked like when I gave it to them.

At any rate, as much as possible, I prefer purchasing straight from the official store (instead of resellers). There's still a "Nokia" store here, and they're selling the Lumia 950 and 950XL. They were kind enough to let me play around an actual stock unit (not a demo unit) since they didn't have a demo unit, yet. There's two sides to that, though: I got my hands on a brand new, customer-ready device; on the other hand, the customer who would be getting that exact unit would no longer be using a "brand new straight-from-the-factory unit". There IS a Microsoft store here, but it's in a mall not really accessible from where the wind usually brings me.

I'm just hoping that my L1020 won't die again, since it's quite a hassle dealing with these "accredited service centers"... at least not until a 1020 successor comes to life and becomes available here.

But we're drifting off-topic (Lumia 535 problem). :smile:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
At last, it's India. The image of company depending upon their products first.

If the product isn't right,then its the time for Service Centre to cover-up the problem ASAP.

I've to happy with my Hardware problem phone (which isn't effect any person except the owner like me).

We've to put a full-stop on this topic for now.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
@Aman: I found the digitizer part, but i'm unsure which version is used by faulty L535 DS 2C or 2S versions. It'd helpful if someone confirms 2C is for HW revision 3.0 and 2S is for v5.0. Since the device is still covered, i'm waiting until its expired and replace it myself or give it local repair shop.
@gpbernardo: They uninstalled the app as I had said earlier and said the problem is fixed. Really dumb answer.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
@Aman: I found the digitizer part, but i'm unsure which version is used by faulty L535 DS 2C or 2S versions. It'd helpful if someone confirms 2C is for HW revision 3.0 and 2S is for v5.0. Since the device is still covered, i'm waiting until its expired and replace it myself or give it local repair shop.
@gpbernardo: They uninstalled the app as I had said earlier and said the problem is fixed. Really dumb answer.

(The "Quote" feature is more effective than the "@" method).
I'm not able to follow your discussion. At any rate, I couldn't comment on what they did and said (uninstalling the app and saying that the problem is fixed).. it's just beyond.. I'm just glad nobody from the service center told me that. :wink:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I agreed!

Now I cannot opt for free service in regarding touch problem. This forum isn't useful for me.
I replaced my digitizer at a local repair shop at my place for Rs.750 and multi touch is still a issue but the phone is more usable than MS replaced touch digitizer. Single and two point touches are better recognized except at the mid portion of the screen. Can detect 5 fingers with little or no stutters at all. A solution atlast after wandering the world in search to fix this touch problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett