Lumia 535 touch problem

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hows the touch problem in Lumia 535 running win 10, is it the same or any improvement , and is it a SW/HW problem..?

It IS a hardware-level problem, as discussed elsewhere in the forums. A recent update improved it a bit, but user experience and reports do not agree with each other. The only conclusive solution that worked is to have the screen replaced under warranty.

Also, newer L535s (those that have clearly visible ambient light and proximity sensors (those made towards April 2015)) have a different screen and do not exhibit the same touch screen issues as in older L535 variants.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
All you have to do is bring your phone to an accredited service center, present your official receipt and wait for about two weeks.

But in my case, MS Reseller neglect my phone's touch screen problem and said that there is no any problem

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
But in my case, MS Reseller neglect my phone's touch screen problem and said that there is no any problem

Then insist that there's something wrong. Demonstrate the defect by using a touch-screen app that shows the erratic touch points. Remind them of the adage - "the customer is always right".

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Then insist that there's something wrong. Demonstrate the defect by using a touch-screen app that shows the erratic touch points. Remind them of the adage - "the customer is always right".
Aside this , I got speaker problem which isn't corrected by them. They told me to come after an hour but I sit there for an hour. After 2hr they told me to check it, but nothing changes. Bcz I had some another work ,so , I leave the service centre .

After a day , I just install my new sd card into it but the back cover hole arrangement doesn't match with speaker and I also checked some another defect and got another crack near charging slot.

I hhad been immediately called MS CUSTOMER SUPPORT, next day they call me from main HQ (situated at Kolkata).

They asked me about h/w problem and query about my complaint.
I told them straight in easiest way.

They changed at that point, they told me," how can you prove that our MS CENTRE done this?"

I have no any proof at that time.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
They must have security cameras aimed at their counters and personnel center there.

Regardless of that, we cannot be distracted by these things. Simply insist on the defects of the Lumia 535 that you are encountering. If possible, with their permission, record/document the entire transaction/process.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
They can replace the screen of your Lumia 535 with a "newer" non-faulty one, as reported numerous times in other threads (e.g. in France). But it seems that certain locations "refuse" to acknowledge the issue (such as in India) for some reason.

But the question is whether they can or can not, so yes they can.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
For my Lumia 1020, I was able to bring it back at least a month before its "first birthday", so they still honored the 12-month warranty.

But for your Lumia 535 that is only a day short from 12-months, I'm not sure if they'll still honor it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may want to get in touch with their Twitter handle @LumiaHelp and inform them about your experience with that MS service center. It's another path of communication to them which transcends boundaries, so it would be more neutral. Also, based on my experience, communicating through this Twitter handle somehow reached my local service center, making them "expedite" the process.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I visited to Ms Reseller for getting free repair (on the Last day of warranty).. But they ignoring their fault of cracking the cover near charging slot.

Now I won't getting free service from next day :(

So, I came back with faulty L535.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Aren't there any other service centers nearby? So next time you can avoid that particular service center for their poor service.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Aren't there any other service centers nearby? So next time you can avoid that particular service center for their poor service.

Yes there is another service centre but that was the worst one :(

Who cares?! MS got their money.as well as service centres ...

Both of service centres are like haunted house. Only receptionist and 2-3 workers are there.
A larger sitting room with dummy TV and blank computer tables , accessories table is make you feel ' Why have you bought a Lumia phone?'

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
At least that's an "MS" service center (or is it? Is it a third-party service center?)

In my country, there is NO Microsoft service center - I brought my phone to an accredited third party service center that was referred by Microsoft in my communications with them. But here, there are a lot of non-accredited service centers, those that would most likely steal your personal information if the phone wasn't secure (good thing Windows Phones are).

The service center I've been to treats all their "customers" or "clients" as total amateurs, or people who don't know a thing about their device. When it was my turn to be "entertained", I just felt that I was being treated like I know nothing about my Lumia 1020.

Anyway, that's done. I still like Windows Phones, but there are times when I wanted to throw my phone 67 meters* in front of me especially when it suddenly restarts, or my emails won't be sent, or the phone starts calling someone while just scrolling through my People App. But civility demonstrates otherwise - these tools should revolve around us, not us revolving around them.

*- That's how far I used to throw a pebble when I was a child.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
At least that's an "MS" service center (or is it? Is it a third-party service center?)

In my country, there is NO Microsoft service center - I brought my phone to an accredited third party service center that was referred by Microsoft in my communications with them. But here, there are a lot of non-accredited service centers, those that would most likely steal your personal information if the phone wasn't secure (good thing Windows Phones are).

The service center I've been to treats all their "customers" or "clients" as total amateurs...

It is MS Reseller which has been RENAMED from 'Nokia Service Centre' last year.
{Usually every NOKIA SC's renamed as MS RESELLER.}

I don't know where are you from, what about your city's service centres. But my problem is with the First-party(official) Dealers/workers who took my phone to correct the hardware which results in a bad shaped phone(cracked back panel, scratchy speakers).

I've lost my belief on MS RESELLERS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb