Has Anybody Gone From 930 to 830?

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
I myself, went from a 930 to an 830, mainly cause I use it as my second device, so it was a money choice. After using the 930 for 3 months, and now the 830 for a month, I have to say that battery life is better on the 830, it's slimmer, and I get to have my 64Gb sd card in it, without worrying about copying staff through my pc...on the other hand my 930 was a slightly better built quality device, and probably a faster phone in the years to come.

For now I am more satisfied with my 830, cause I get to change my battery cover to different colors whenever I feel so, and I've also bought a second battery, just in case (just because I can swap it anytime I want!) .

Finally, I have no problem using 4G/LTE (which is the same thing in Europe). Both phones have 4G/LTE here. The 3G/H/H+ is one category.

So, my 830 feels like it's a newer, slimmer version of my 930, but in no ways has better hardware inside. As far as built quality, it's almost the same phone (not 100% of course).

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I've heard the 830 build quality hasn't been very good. Creaky backs that flop off when dropped is what I've been hearing.. It felt pretty premium to me using it at my local MS store

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've heard the 830 build quality hasn't been very good. Creaky backs that flop off when dropped is what I've been hearing.. It felt pretty premium to me using it at my local MS store

I hardly find this to be a build quality issue. The back is removable. If it you drop the phone, most phones with removable backs will have them pop off.

If you drop it, you likely have bigger issues than the putting the battery cover back on.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have original back covers in orange, white, black, green, and yellow. Not a single one has ever "creaked."

just what I've heard from a few other users around here, particularly in my 830 vs iPhone 6 thread.

I found the 830 to be a very high quality device build wise, but many in that thread bashed insisting it had a poor display, and cheap build. I don't have much of a conclusion as to how nice the device is, as I've only used it for short periods of time in Microsoft stores.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The back on 830 is a bit tricky to seat properly. I think many users don't pay enough attention and the creaks and pop offs are due to improper installation... User Fault as they say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos