Why won't my phone detect my sd card?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why wont my phone detect my sd card

i put a sandisk micro SD HC 1 16GB SD card in my brand new Nokia Lumia 635 and at first it worked, but the a few days later my phone starts to say theres a error with the SD card then after completing the scan it says that the SD card is not found. Got any ways on how to fix it.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: why wont my phone detect my sd card

i put a sandisk micro SD HC 1 16GB SD card in my brand new Nokia Lumia 635 and at first it worked, but the a few days later my phone starts to say theres a error with the SD card then after completing the scan it says that the SD card is not found. Got any ways on how to fix it.

Could try reformatting it on a PC. If that doesn't help then its a bad card or a bad phone.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
If the SD card disappears from the phone, but works consistently in a PC, there may be an issue with your phone. Where did you buy it and what kind of warranty does it have? I'd recommend returning it for a replacement if you can. After my first 635 was lost/stolen my replacement did this. Since I had apps set to install on the SD card, in my case, apps would just disappear from my home screen, live tiles replaced by blank transparent tiles. In most cases I could turn the phone off, remove the SD card, then re-insert it, then it would work (most of the time) at least for a while.

Luckily I had purchased it from a physical Microsoft Store and could walk in and ask for a replacement. The folks at the Microsoft Store are awesome. They replaced it even though I could not recreate the problem in front of them, and the replacement does not have the problem.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If the SD card disappears from the phone, but works consistently in a PC, there may be an issue with your phone. Where did you buy it and what kind of warranty does it have? I'd recommend returning it for a replacement if you can. After my first 635 was lost/stolen my replacement did this. Since I had apps set to install on the SD card, in my case, apps would just disappear from my home screen, live tiles replaced by blank transparent tiles. In most cases I could turn the phone off, remove the SD card, then re-insert it, then it would work (most of the time) at least for a while.

Luckily I had purchased it from a physical Microsoft Store and could walk in and ask for a replacement. The folks at the Microsoft Store are awesome. They replaced it even though I could not recreate the problem in front of them, and the replacement does not have the problem.

Idk about a defective device. Reason I say this is because I have an micro SD that just randomly stopped working and I tried it on 3 different devices and they couldn't mount it. I put it in Windows phone and now the card works very well. Glad I decided not to throw it away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte