Can I flash windows 8.1 update 2 on my Lumia 520.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok thank you so much ��
**Will you be sending them here or private mail?**

Nope the process is pretty simple:

1) Flash ROM (059S3T5) and make sure you get the Denim release. If not enable Preview for Developers and get to OS version 8.10.14219.341 (this is important)
2) Hard Reset
3) Go through setup and update all system apps as well as preinstalled apps
4) Remove SD card and deploy the custom WP CustomWPSystem.xap from here
5) Reinsert SD card, change new apps location to SD card from Storage Sense and install Preview for Developers on SD card. No need to open it
6) Pin PfD to start screen and complete the patching process mentioned here
7) Change the registry to the Highscreen phone and OS 15317 should start downloading.
8) Once installed, hard reset and proceed as usual

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

1) Flash ROM (059S3T5) and make sure you get the Denim release. If not enable Preview for Developers and get to OS version 8.10.14219.341 (this is important)
2) Hard Reset
5) Reinsert SD card, change new apps location to SD card from Storage Sense and install Preview for Developers on SD card. No need to open it
7) Change the registry to the Highscreen phone and OS 15317 should start downloading.

I'll try it later on tonight. Thank you 😊

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

2) Hard Reset

Are you online now??

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

2) Hard Reset

I want to say a huge thank you to Pankaj981 for helping me to get Update 2. Thank you for your time and patience your a true tech genius. Thank you so much :)

?ire :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Do let us know your feedback on performance :)

Far more responsive. Super fast switching between apps, great to have the settings area in sections much easier and quicker to find things, the keyboard is super fast too and autocorrect is really good too vast improvement, the phone itself looks brighter (don't ask me why). Lumia camera pictures are really clear dare I say much better. Oh gosh I just love it. Thank you once again for all your help 😊
9bf34f9cc0934fc0287ce3fbfbbcdfe1.png

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Another thing I've noticed the sound from my speaker on my phone is much better, far clearer and I have to say you can hear the bass alot better even though my phone don't support equalizers due to hardware limits update 2 however smashes that!! Super happy!!!

iSticK

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello friend pankaj981, could you send me a link video teaching how to do that? because i am brazilian and I have difficulties to understand the tutorial.

Thank you!

EDIT: I have the same model: Lumia 520 and I would like to upgrade to GDR2

javgarcia

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 too, and I got a new bluetooth keyboard. As windows phone 8.1 doesn't have support for this kind of keyboard, I installed Insider and I updated to WP10, but the phone is too slow with this OS. I'd like to have windows phone 8.1 update 2 too for use my keyboard and have a good performance. Can you help me with the steps to install it? I'm from Argentina.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99