Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I take back the nice things I had said about battery life. I just hadn't been "off the leash" for too long. was this evening and it was pretty gruesome. might be enough to send me back to 8.1

btw has anyone got the read-me-my-texts-in-driving-mode working on the new build? I can't figure out how to configure it. vaguely remember someone saying it requires an extra step compared to 8.1

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
For those with battery issues try to unpin everything on your start screen. I had issues doing this but once I only had a list I soft reset and waited a bit before I re did my start but that seemed to help my battery. I think it was a rouge live tile...

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Settings are there:
Settings... Extras... Hey Cortana (or simply search "cortana" in the settings search box.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of your Cortana settings? If Microsoft finally turned the feature on in W10M, I have no "Hey Cortana" setting that I can find.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
for me it is, yes. but it does not read emails aloud in Driving Mode like 8.1 would.

that + battery drain may turn me back to 8.1 ... again.

Jeemo

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Can one of you on 10536 send me the values for the keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo? The easiest way to do this would be to install this and send a screenshot. If you have no idea what I am talking about, please ignore.

Zelman32

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
So I'm still on build 10010512, for whatever reason nothing will download. I have 50 apps all in pending status and the two other OS updates also won't download. Am I stuck to doing a system reset and starting all over again?
Thanks.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I finally did it. Install didnt take that long. Running well so far. It carried over my apps and settings fine. I had to reset to get Messaging working.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I finally did it. Install didnt take that long. Running well so far. It carried over my apps and settings fine. I had to reset to get Messaging working.

OK, I've been running Windows 10 Insider since last Oct and have loved it - but, my Icon is my daily driver and have NOT yet taken the plunge to install Win 10 Mobile yet.

What is the true story for us Icon users - when is the latest on GA?

I am assuming that Verizon still "hates" Microsoft, so will Microsoft ever "officially support" Windows 10 Mobile on ICON?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
So there was another system update after I installed it the first time. The first build won't let me iodate and install apps but this update fixed it.

Messaging for skype works well so far. Bluetooth in car works. Much more responsive considering I didn't do a fresh install.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What is the true story for us Icon users - when is the latest on GA?

I am assuming that Verizon still "hates" Microsoft, so will Microsoft ever "officially support" Windows 10 Mobile on ICON?

Microsoft will "support" it through the Preview program. It is safe to say that Verizon will never update the Lumia Icon again. We never received the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss