Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Loving 10549 so far. Battery drain is mostly better than 10536 (for me)..at least when the phone's not in use. When in use, it's slightly worse than the last build - from 6am to 11am, I lost 34%, usually lose about 28-30% in that period. Cortana seems to have no effect at all on battery for me either.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I must really have bad luck. I was fed up with the lack of start screen on 10536, so I rolled back to 8.1 so I could get this new build. I flashed 8.1, went through the process without restoring a backup, then installed 10.10549. After that, I reset the phone restoring a backup, and man, am I disappointed. I may be wrong, but the start screen problem seems worse. I would hope that it would be better without restoring a backup, but man, resetting without restoring a backup is such a pain... :straight:

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
My brother just went to 10549 on his Lumia 635 and it seems faster than my Icon running 8.1... I am going to wait a while and see if he runs into issues, but does anyone else feel 10549 is faster in places than 8.1 is?

Personally, I am going to wait till next week's build if I am going to test it out on my Icon. Maybe they will fix the Cortana background usage issue and maybe enable "Hey Cortana" since I find myself using that occasionally (if it is disabled in 10549, correct me if I am wrong on that).

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
My brother just went to 10549 on his Lumia 635 and it seems faster than my Icon running 8.1... I am going to wait a while and see if he runs into issues, but does anyone else feel 10549 is faster in places than 8.1 is?

Personally, I am going to wait till next week's build if I am going to test it out on my Icon. Maybe they will fix the Cortana background usage issue and maybe enable "Hey Cortana" since I find myself using that occasionally (if it is disabled in 10549, correct me if I am wrong on that).

Yes, Hey Cortana is still disabled in 10549...and yes, I do miss it :)

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just setup the current 10549 build. More tweaking and updated needed for all my basic apps.

This is on my 2nd Icon and I did not use the phone after checking out the last build which I was not happy with. I put my sim card back in this one from my other Icon running 8.1. I will give this a few days to gell and settle in before I make any opinions on the current build. I know some have mentioned after a few days battery life got better and a few things started working after fresh install.

Glad I can still download and install Lumia Camera Beta from the store.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I downgraded and updated my windows 10 to hopefully help with battery life and we will see how that goes. Unfortunately my messaging app doesn't give notifications anymore. I also only have about five aps giving notifications in the action center and can't add more.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I downgraded and updated my windows 10 to hopefully help with battery life and we will see how that goes. Unfortunately my messaging app doesn't give notifications anymore. I also only have about five aps giving notifications in the action center and can't add more.

Skype integrated app is not dialing here

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
got new build. no hey-Cortana but don't care never worked fpr me

cool thing is sending text from win10 build 10575 via Cortana. get a confirmation message on the phone that the text was sent!

also much faster throughout, good build. sucked to revert to 8.1 first, though, lost all my text history

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
got new build. no hey-Cortana but don't care never worked fpr me

cool thing is sending text from win10 build 10575 via Cortana. get a confirmation message on the phone that the text was sent!

also much faster throughout, good build. sucked to revert to 8.1 first, though, lost all my text history

Usually when I revert to 8.1 and then to a new 10 build, my text history slowly repopulates from backup...

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I finally did a backup and took the plunge again today. Did I fresh install of 8.1 and then went straight to latest build of 10. Have to say I'm impressed and it makes me want to hold on to my ICON longer even though my upgrade is next month. And my texts have populated from 2013 lol.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I finally did a backup and took the plunge again today. Did I fresh install of 8.1 and then went straight to latest build of 10. Have to say I'm impressed and it makes me want to hold on to my ICON longer even though my upgrade is next month. And my texts have populated from 2013 lol.

I'm in the same position. I'm actually test driving a Note 5 right now and I have to say that it is far more usable than Windows 10 on my ICON but my heart is with the ICON for sure. I can't quite put my finger on it but the Note 5 is just so much more usable than my ICON currently is. So it's going to be an interesting few months going between the two phones to see which one really work best as my daily driver.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel