Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's a teardown video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59fpXa1fro
Problem is that just in a quick search, I'm not finding a replacement battery to buy.

I went ahead and bought a replacement battery online, and putting it in was really easy (only need to take out one screw). With the Build 10549 and the new battery, I get battery life at about what I had on my Icon with 8.1. It seems that starting with this build they fixed most of whatever was draining the battery, so I'm pretty happy! Might delay my 950XL purchase now.

I'm hoping that the next 10575(?) build comes soon, where we're supposed to not have to go back to 8.1 to reset... it's the only reason I didn't do 10572. But everything is running really smoothly on my Icon as it is now. A few bugs, like Fitbit requiring login a lot, some apps don't launch again after closing without launching another app inbetween, etc. But overall, very stable and good enough for daily use for me.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the video not starting with LUMIA Camera? I press the camera button, it does it sound like it is recording but never records...works fine with WINDOWS Camera.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the video not starting with LUMIA Camera? I press the camera button, it does it sound like it is recording but never records...works fine with WINDOWS Camera.
Yes, same for me. I don't believe it works for anyone. Don't forget to add or upvote it in freedback. :) Hold down lock + volume down to bring you right to the feedback app with an option to attach the screenshot (very convenient).

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes, same for me. I don't believe it works for anyone. Don't forget to add or upvote it in freedback. :) Hold down lock + volume down to bring you right to the feedback app with an option to attach the screenshot (very convenient).

Thanks...still daily driving the Note 5 for now but the Icon is still firmly being tested...Daniels pictures with the 950xl today are making me jealous...

bclasen1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Will Cortana forever take me to Edge from now on or is the Cortana search format simply not on yet? (Search Cortana on 8.1: Get web, images,video etc option, Search Cortana on 10 : get edge)
And even with clean install , new build still not sending MMS, seem like I have to install new builds twice before everything goes correctly.

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I went ahead and bought a replacement battery online, and putting it in was really easy (only need to take out one screw). With the Build 10549 and the new battery, I get battery life at about what I had on my Icon with 8.1. It seems that starting with this build they fixed most of whatever was draining the battery, so I'm pretty happy! Might delay my 950XL purchase now.

I'm hoping that the next 10575(?) build comes soon, where we're supposed to not have to go back to 8.1 to reset... it's the only reason I didn't do 10572. But everything is running really smoothly on my Icon as it is now. A few bugs, like Fitbit requiring login a lot, some apps don't launch again after closing without launching another app inbetween, etc. But overall, very stable and good enough for daily use for me.

Where did you find your replacement battery?

thanks!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Lumia Camera (and beta) both just open the camera, and continually say "Saving..." They won't do a thing. Windows Camera works some of the time. Often when taking a still, it crashes the app. Oddly, this hasn't happened when shooting video... Yet...

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Lumia Camera (and beta) both just open the camera, and continually say "Saving..." They won't do a thing. Windows Camera works some of the time. Often when taking a still, it crashes the app. Oddly, this hasn't happened when shooting video... Yet...

I've had general problems with the camera in this last build...can stay on PROCESSING for a long time too...waiting on this next build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers