How do I get the inclusive 30GB OneDrive storage?

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Just got a 640 in the UK and it's advertised as including 30GB of OneDrive storage. I've activated the phone with my existing Microsoft account, it's set up the OneDrive app with my existing account and I can access all the content I already have. However if I go to OneDrive online and view the storage amount I don't see any sign of the advertised 30GB, just the existing storage amount I already have.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Done that. I just get the initial 15GB that I got from enabling the same option on my tablet. I can understand if you just get it only once no matter how many devices you buy, but it's not advertised like that and was sold as giving me 30GB with the phone.

Anyway, I've discovered there's a current offer for a year of Office 365 inc 1TB of OneDrive, but there's nothing with the phone about it. You have to install the Office 365 Gift app. I seem to qualify although the activation site is broken (continue button does nothing).

Though I'd still like the 30GB which I believe would be for life. Office 365 is okay but I already have it through my freelance business, though that doesn't give me the 1TB for personal use. Not fussed about paying ?8 a year after the free year for the 1TB. I really just need about 200mb to cover documents and bits plus my photos (big raw files included), which I can pay less for, or manage to get enough freebies to get that much. I'm on 140MB through freebies though 100 of that is another 1 year offer.

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Better yet, how does one get the free office 365 for the lumia 640 when you have AT&T as a carrier?

The gift app tells me my carrier is not a participant.

abahwiranta

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyway, I've discovered there's a current offer for a year of Office 365 inc 1TB of OneDrive, but there's nothing with the phone about it. You have to install the Office 365 Gift app. I seem to qualify although the activation site is broken (continue button does nothing).

Try use internet explorer or microsoft edge for activation, it worked for me.

RK928

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Same here, I'm wondering if I got a Cricket Wireless second SIM, could I then get the free Office 365 deal? It would be worth a few bucks or maybe nothing just to throw in the Cricket SIM long enough to qualify for the free Office 365 offer?

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I do this, backup fotografy, but I didn't get 30 G or 15G. Because I bought Lumia 640 I must get 30 G free places on OneDrive.
If you have a Microsoft account, you should have the 15GB of storage (I know this applies in the United States but don't know about other countries). Before it was discontinued, you could get an additional 15GB (for total storage of 30GB) by activating camera roll, which was the sync backup of photos with a Windows phone device. If you were to buy a new windows phone today and you already have 15 or 30 GB of the free storage, you will not get any additional 15 or 30 GB unless Microsoft decided to offer some new special for this as an incentive to buy the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos