Why am I unable to attach files/photos on mails- Lumia 640 dual sim?

vibchan

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Unable to attach files/photos on mails- Lumia 640 dual sim

Attachment of any kind of file is not possible on mails. I tried composing new mails through gmail, microsoft account and yahoomail, so don't think its an issue with my mail settings. It does give the option of attaching (symbol of a clip at the bottom of the page) when pressed, it straightaway opens albums but the screen remains blank. Does not show any photos in my phone. It even does not swipe to left to show the categories like albums or anything. There is also a camera button at the bottom but that too does not work. This screen closes by itself in around 3 to 4 seconds.
I talked to customer care from microsoft and they said that 640 does not have the feature of directly attaching files or photos. For that I shall have to select the photo/ file and click share (select gmail or whatever mail) and then it gets attached itself. I really have major issues with this.
One, This is a very tedious process.
Secondly If I have to reply to a mail I can not send attachments through it. I have to select the file and share, basically compose a whole new mail.

Customer care also said that if I open my mail through browser it will have the option of attachment there, however it is still not attaching photos directly but I have to follow a long process of choosing sd card or phone and open albums and locate the photo I have to send. I also noticed that when opened through browser, on selecting attach files option, gmail gives the option of scribbling. I tried that too but the screen remains blank and a blank image gets attached.

What I want to know is
1. Is there any way to resolve this?
2. Is this a software issue with my phone alone or with all L640 phones?
3. Should I get my phone exchanged would it resolve the issue?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to attach files/photos on mails- Lumia 640 dual sim

1A Use this app to attach files File Attacher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
1B Use this app for emails Maestro (Preview) | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
1C Wait on W10

2 It should be possible to attach pictures (no other attachments) that is what I can with my 920 and the OS is basically the same on all Lumia's (except off course hardware related differences)
So not being able to attach a picture should be a software problem.

3 No. (Or you need to change to Android or IPhone)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre