Yellow stain on display

Double Dose

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I have 640 XL Dual SIM for almost month now and maybe 3rd day I noticed yellow stain in upper right corner of display... I'm waiting till I go to work so I don't need it as I do now so I can send it back to shop... anybody got same issue?

It's more visible on light colors and high brightness

Attachments

• DSC_8152.JPG
    DSC_8152.JPG
    574.4 KB · Views: 11

Ankul Sengupta

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
After I have bought my new 640 XL, just after one month I noticed that there is a yellow stain in the screen. I showed the issue in the service center, their reply is that LCD screen needs to be replaced.

My query is how can a brand new phone can have a stain like this form inside of the LCD, is it a manufacturing defect??

Eisenhorn76

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Someone posted a picture of the display assembly in another thread -- it may be a faulty capacitor near the display connector. Whatever it is, I'm getting really worried that it'll eventually happen to my device. Damn. I only got it yesterday!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Someone posted a picture of the display assembly in another thread -- it may be a faulty capacitor near the display connector. Whatever it is, I'm getting really worried that it'll eventually happen to my device. Damn. I only got it yesterday!
Just realize how many of these have been purchased. You'd see this problem everywhere if it was a common problem I believe.
So don't worry about something that may or may not happen. It's probably more likely you drop it and shatter the screen (sorry, if that just shifts your worries)...

edit: ok, so I just read the comments in the bug section and now I am worried too - ha

edit2: here is the picture of the back of the display. You can see there is a ribbon cable connector to the board. Maybe this is an area that gets warm/hot?
http://www.originalpartsmobile.com/...40/car_sup_digital_lcd_microsoft_640_002o.jpg
http://www.originalpartsmobile.com/...40/car_sup_digital_lcd_microsoft_640_004o.jpg

Last edited:

bsab69

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
My 640 XL has that yellow spot too. I purchased it from Expansys and I'm waiting for them to respond to my warranty repair request.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have 640 XL Dual SIM for almost month now and maybe 3rd day I noticed yellow stain in upper right corner of display... I'm waiting till I go to work so I don't need it as I do now so I can send it back to shop... anybody got same issue?

It's more visible on light colors and high brightness

Go get it serviced under warranty or replaced. A screen burn in occurs due to overheating. It can be caused by running intensive programs like games for prolonged periods or using the device while charging with no air flow or even overcharging.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Got mine 3 days ago from AT&T store and don't see any yellow spot ( yet ) thank goodness.
In poking around in Extras + Info it says " build creation date 5/14/15 " and was made in Vietnam.
So I presume it was built on that date or shortly before.
Amazing it got here and purchased in 3 months.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Got mine 3 days ago from AT&T store and don't see any yellow spot ( yet ) thank goodness.
In poking around in Extras + Info it says " build creation date 5/14/15 " and was made in Vietnam.
So I presume it was built on that date or shortly before.
Amazing it got here and purchased in 3 months.
I just looked at my Build Creation Date and it reads 8/11/2015 (Made in Vietnam). That is quite interesting because that is the date the phone arrived at my door step. Probably doesn't mean much :grin: unless they beamed it straight from the production line ...

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't seem to have the yellow on my screen but I < do > have a vertical line about 1/4 from the left side ( bottom ) depending on how you're holding it. I hold it with the buttons on the right side in my right hand. There is a distinctly visible band running the length of the screen that is very obvious with some background colors. I hope it doesn't get worse. As it is, you have to be looking and have a screen with the right colors to see it but when you do it is very annoying.

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine 8/1/2015 and yikes! My build creation date was 4/14/2015! Am I doomed? RM-1065 model here...

Is Microsoft not going to atleast make a preemptive measure about it???

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What preemptive measure are you asking for? Can you give us an example?
This may be related to a screens from a specific plant or manufacturing period. MS could pull those off the market. But with the little information we have there is probably even less information at MS to do anything at this point.

There is a poll here that would allows us at least to narrow it down a little.
As you can see only 3 (three) people have posted their information so far.

yasfer21

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
This may be related to a screens from a specific plant or manufacturing period. MS could pull those off the market. But with the little information we have there is probably even less information at MS to do anything at this point.

There is a poll here that would allows us at least to narrow it down a little.
As you can see only 3 (three) people have posted their information so far.

He already has the phone that is why I am asking what preemptive measures he want. He's probably thinking about a recall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro