Update 2 and new firmware now officially available for Lumia 830

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes.. I'm on developer preview update 2

Then that could be the reason you're not getting it. Backup all user data and revert back to the stock ROM using Lumia Software Recovery Tool and then check for updates. You might actually go directly to the update from Lumia Software Recovery Tool depending on whether Microsoft has published the latest ROM on its servers

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Could be a staggered roll out, its available in India on the Indian ROM. Are you on the developer preview?

I'm on Update 1. Update 2 still not available in India :_( I keep checking for updates every few hours.

Microsoft's software support website also shows that only Update 1 is available for 830. So, it's not yet officially available worldwide.

Bunty1212

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Please dont go for it! Downloaded it in India and my battery life sucks on L830 !!!
After a little analysis found that Whatsapp is the main culprit...not sure if others have same problem too

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Does the device "feel faster" than with gdr1 ?

I read that the 640 feels snappier with its gdr 2, but it has the same hardware as the 830...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Update 1. Update 2 still not available in India :_( I keep checking for updates every few hours.

Microsoft's software support website also shows that only Update 1 is available for 830. So, it's not yet officially available worldwide.
Interesting. I based it on the comments from users in India that they were receiving the update, may be not or they were running a different region ROM.

Does the device "feel faster" than with gdr1 ?

I read that the 640 feels snappier with its gdr 2, but it has the same hardware as the 830...

The phone is definitely snappier than stock Denim + Update 1

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I based it on the comments from users in India that they were receiving the update, may be not or they were running a different region ROM

Yes, probably. I'm well sure of running the CV IN ROM on my 830 (as I had personally flashed it on my phone). Hence, had the update been made available, I would have received it already. Till date, it's not here.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
My rm-984 on T-Mobile just got update 2! I'm so excited about this!

My domestic partner has the at&t model and still doesn't have this update. I wonder why it's taken so long for this update to arrive?

Anyway, if anyone else has the international unlocked 830 on T-Mobile, you should get the update soon!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

My domestic partner has the at&t model and still doesn't have this update. I wonder why it's taken so long for this update to arrive?

Anyway, if anyone else has the international unlocked 830 on T-Mobile, you should get the update soon!

It actually depends on the country variant of RM-984 you have. It's probably a UK or Hong Kong variant but could be anything. Since it's unlocked the carrier is irrelevant. I have an unlocked RM-985 on T-Mobile and still haven't gotten Update 2. I chose the RM-985 since it has the LTE bands for North America.

As for your partner, unfortunately they are probably going to be waiting a while! AT&T inexplicably still hasn't even pushed Denim out on the Lumia 830, let alone Update 2.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
It actually depends on the country variant of RM-984 you have. It's probably a UK or Hong Kong variant but could be anything. Since it's unlocked the carrier is irrelevant. I have an unlocked RM-985 on T-Mobile and still haven't gotten Update 2. I chose the RM-985 since it has the LTE bands for North America.

As for your partner, unfortunately they are probably going to be waiting a while! AT&T inexplicably still hasn't even pushed Denim out on the Lumia 830, let alone Update 2.

Oh wow. Thanks for the info! I had no idea it was dependent upon so many different factors, though it makes more sense for the update to be dependent upon the country of origin.

That stinks that at&t is so slow. So not fair that the phone was advertised with this cool feature and now most of us either don't have it at all, or have some half baked version of it.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

FYI the update isn't from TM, it's the variant - international unlocked RM-984 -that's getting the update from MS.

holymell

May 11, 2015
Visit site
FYI the update isn't from TM, it's the variant - international unlocked RM-984 -that's getting the update from MS.

Yeah, thank you. Someone else mentioned that. Mine was initially in Chinese, so I guess they also must finally be enjoying the updates😊 also glad to hear that the carriers aren't involved at all. Warms my heart.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Please dont go for it! Downloaded it in India and my battery life sucks on L830 !!!

How did you get it! It's really not out yet o_O Have you bought an imported 830? Because, it has not been rolled out to the CV IN 830s. Do check your extras+info for your operator. If it's Indian ROM then it should be 000-IN.

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Have received the big update last week, noticed a significant decrease of battery time of about 30% on standby as well as when browsing or making calls), did a hard reset after investigating the issue over two load cycles, and am now back on previous battery runtime.
Options menu is a great improvement and the system on the whole runs even smoother than before. Thumbs up!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Have received the big update last week, noticed a significant decrease of battery time of about 30% on standby as well as when browsing or making calls), did a hard reset after investigating the issue over two load cycles, and am now back on previous battery runtime.
Options menu is a great improvement and the system on the whole runs even smoother than before. Thumbs up!

What BIG update? and what 830 do you have, RM-983, 984 or 985 & where are you from/ who is your carrier ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99